She gaped at me in shock. "You trust him, right?" she asked. I nodded, "Yea I do but I don't know how to handle this. I've never been in such a situation before."

"Is that why you didn't pick up his call?" she asked softly. I nodded. " Where's your phone?" she asked. I took my phone from my bag and gave it to her. She switched it on and it vibrated continuously. "Whoa. 40 messages and 22 missed calls. All are from Rehaan except two messages and one phone call." She said. My eyes widened. He tried to contact me that many times?

"Ahana, I really don't think Rehaan would cheat on you. He seems to genuinely like you. I don't believe this Bethany. I think you should talk to him before jumping to conclusions." She said wisely. I nodded. "I thought that too." I said.

"It's already ten in the night. I'll text him that I'll meet him tomorrow." I said. We didn't even realize how fast time flew. We returned from the boutique at around six in the evening and we spoke for so long, till ten!

"Yea you do that and I'll go get us some food." She said and went downstairs to the kitchen.

I texted him : Hi, I will meet you tomorrow at the Little Dinette Café at 1 in the afternoon. We'll talk then.

It was crisp and neat. I sent it to him and waited nervously. My phone vibrated and I saw that he was.. calling me?

Oh god. I'm not ready to talk. I took a deep breath and picked up the call, "Hello?" I said softly.

"My answer is no." he said. His voice sounded a bit strained. I wanted to ask him if he was alright but then I refrained after being reminded about the previous phone conversation.

"What?" "My answer to your text is no. I won't meet you tomorrow." He said. I could feel a sharp pain in my chest. He didn't even want to meet me now?

I tried to not make any noise of sniffling and murmured an 'Oh. Okay.' What else do I even say? I was too hurt to speak.

He didn't speak. I checked to see if he cut the call and saw that he hadn't. Why wasn't he speaking then? I waited for a few more seconds. I could hear a few sounds but couldn't make out what it was.

I sighed and cut the call. I couldn't help the tears flowing down my cheek. I sat on the bed and threw the phone onto my pillow.

What do I tell my parents? How would they feel? They really liked him. I don't want to break their hearts. Those thoughts kept coming to my mind and more tears flowed down my cheeks.

I heard some rattling and crackling noise from outside. I started freaking out. I really don't want a robber in the house right now.

My widow opened and a figure jumped in. I screamed but my screams were muffled by the robber's hands. I tried punching him. I knew it was a him since the person practically had no boobs and had stubble which poked my neck.

I struggled against him but in vain. Tears were flowing down my cheeks more rapidly. I was turned around by the person and came face to face with Rehaan.

I relaxed a little bit when I realized it was him but immediately panicked again. I tried to speak but he didn't let me.

Just as he was about to speak, Nidhi entered. She let out a scream when she was another person with me but when she saw it was Rehaan, she stopped shouting.

"What happened?! What happened?! Nidhi! Ahana!" I heard my family call. Oh god. How much drama can there even be in my life?!

"Nothing happened ma! Don't worry. This lizard just crawled in from my window and Nidhi accidently stepped on it. It's gone now so it's all cool." I went outside and said.