Prolague

It's funny to think that just two measly years ago we were still living with our parents, in separate houses, in Connecticut, we hadn't seen each other for almost two years, due travel and other things, but now we were beginning our new life's in New York City. Why move to New York City? Because everything we need is here; good universities, job opportunities oh and McDonalds. we all had different reasons to pick New York to live in, but we all ended up here and it just happened to be in an apartment close enough to everything we needed.

The apartment wasn't completely amazing, and it only had three rooms, we had previously decided the sleeping arrangements, the simplest way to do it was just boys in one room, and girls in the other, the third room was a guest/office/fort room.

One might file the apartment under shabby-chic, but that's a bit of an overstatement, nun the less it was the cheapest for its location, it was close to everything as well as it being in one of the lowest crime rate areas which was a plus. So, to sum it up it was perfect for us. It was an ex fire house so it had a pole going through the living room, the roof above the pole had been sectioned off so it looked like we had a stripper pole in the middle of our apartment.

I threw my bag down on the currently empty lounge room floor, I was followed in by Ruby and Daniella. Ruby was my smart, honey-brown haired, freckled best friend, our friendship started off pretty rough when we were in kindergarten, she enjoyed hitting me in the head with toy trucks and throwing sand in my face, but as we grew up we became closer, we were now practically sisters. Daniella was our other friend, she was black haired, tanned skinned and practically faultless, she moved to our school in the 5th grade from New Zealand, she had the voice of an angel and had won every talent show she had ever entered.

We were soon joined by two slightly toned figures hobbling through the door carrying in a box, and one following them with a smaller box, Mike, Alex and Parka. Mike, Parka and Alex had been our friends since middle school, we had been put in the same classes ever since, Mike was the oldest of us all, he was tall, with brown hair and blueish-brown eyes, he was the top of our class pretty well the whole way through school. Parka was also smart but with a goofy side, he was shorter that Mike, with dirty-blond hair and green eyes. And then there's Alex, he was the quiet in class but wildly inappropriate everywhere else type, he had brown hair brown eyes and facial hair at the age of 13. I guess that brings us to me, I was tallish, brown hair, brown eyes, not overly smart or talented, I left all that to my friends, I guess you could say that I was nothing special to look at and didn't stand out a whole lot but for some reason I had the friends I did.

I walked over and helped them take the box into the room which would eventually be the guys room. We placed the rest of the boxes around the house and began unpacking them.