Day 28: Status Update

Becky hits post then turns off her phone. If they wanted her they could come get her. She makes her way downstairs to find Wade sitting on her couch. She continues to the kitchen and starts making a pot of coffee. She sits down beside him and puts her feet on the coffee table.

   "I never pegged you as the kinda girl to do something so dumb. You were supposed to be the smart one," he comments. She shrugs a skinny shoulder and focuses on the news. "I'm guessing you haven't heard back from her," he questions quietly.

   "No. Heard anything from him?" She asks.

   "No."

  Be my gets up and pours herself a cup of coffee. She grabs a beer from the fridge and returns to the couch. She passes him the beer and they sit close together. They watch the news in silence, hoping to hear something.

  Someone knocks on the door so Wade gets up and answers it. The guy stares at him very confused but Wade grins. "Suitor numero uno has arrived," he calls. Becky gets up and comes into view.

   "Hey pretty boy, looking for me?" She purrs. She punches him in the face and grabs his arms. "Let's take him up to the guest bath," she grins. Wade smiles back and grabs his ankles. Becky kicks the door shut and they carry the struggling man up the stairs. 

   Wade starts to fill the tub as Becky talks to the man. "It's impolite to break into a lady's house you know. You're going to get an extra special punishment because I'm not just some lady," Becky smirks with Wade's help they put him in the tub. Bucky holds his head under the water until he stops struggling. "Hm. Two and a half minutes," she comments, looking at her watch.

   "Weak," Wade waves his hand and stands up.

   "Back to the couch?" Becky hums.

   "You know it darling," Wade agrees. They return to the couch, their abandoned beer and coffee, and the monotonous droning of the news hosts.

   "We should go for breakfast," Becky hums lazily, stretched out on the couch with her feet on Wade's lap. Wade stops massaging her feet and looks at her.

   "I'll take you wherever you wanna go sweetheart," he grins.

    "Then what are we waiting for?"

   They go out to the car and Becky checks her phone. "Hmm. 107 views already. People must really want that bounty. I updated my status what, half an hour ago?"

   "You're pretty spectacular," Wade shrugs.

   "Awww, Wade, did you just compliment me? I think I might have to steal you away and call you mine," she grins wickedly.

    "You don't need me to tell you that, you already know it," Wade shrugs, smiling fondly.

    "This is just awkward," a dude comments from the backseat, he puts his gun against the back of Becky's neck.

   "No I'm pretty sure what's awkward about this is all you buddy," Wade comments, watching him in the rearview mirror. He slams on the breaks and the guy goes flying through the front window. The guy tries to push himself up off the pavement and Wade steps on the gas. The car jerks and bounces as the tires run over him before continuing smoothly on the road.

   "That'll be a fun clean up," Becky comments.

"Seltzer water and lemon juice to remove blood," he hums.

    "We should pick up some while we're out and about," Becky comments.

   "That sounds like a good idea," Wade nods.

  When they return home the door is ajar. Becky loads her gun and follows Wade into the house. Wade swears as he's shot in the arm. Becky shoots the man in the head and straightens up.

   "You're getting blood on my floor," Becky comments, looking at the blood now dropping onto her floor.

   "You got more blood on the floor over there," Wade argues.

   "Well you can clean it up," she smiles, pushing the grocery bag into his hands.

   "Cruel," Wade pouts.

  They're sitting together quietly on the couch later when there's a knock on the door. Becky gets up and answers it. She opens the door to see Stephane standing there. Becky throws herself into Stephanie's arms and Stephanie spins her in a circle.

   "Hey pretty baby," Stephanie grins.

   "You took too long," Becky pouts.

   "I know, I'm sorry, it took longer than expected," Stephanie mumbles.

  "Did you bring Peter?" Becky whispers.

   "Yes," Steph nods.

   "Wade! Get your ass over here! Pretty boys here!" She shouts.

   Wade pulls Peter into his arms.

   Becky ignores them in favor of kissing Stephanie eagerly.

   "I love you so much," Stephanie smiles. She lets go of Becky and goes into the house. "Why is there a dead body in the living room?"

   "I updated my status," Becky shrugs.