Day 18 - Hibernate/Sleep

Steve had never seen so much food in one place; Bucky was apparently a stress baker. The meal covered nearly every inch of the large table.

   "To health," Tony toasts.

  "To health," they echo. Steve watches everyone load up their plates and then does the same to his own. There was very little on Bucky's plate he noticed.

   "What's up?" He asks quietly, nudging him with his elbow. Bucky looks up from where he'd been staring distantly at his plate.

   "Hmm?"

   "What's up?" He repeats.

   "Oh, I'm not really hungry," Bucky shrugs. Steve nods, slightly hesitant. He digs into his own plate while Bucky eats his at a slower pace. Steve quickly discovered that the food was amazing. He helps himself to a second and third plate before leaning back on his chair feeling full. Bucky and Natasha clear away the dishes before bringing out dessert. Steve knew he was full but if the dessert was as good as the dinner... Besides, Bucky had slaved over making all the food for the last two days. He digs into the different kinds of pies filling his plate up with all sorts of treats and different things. He loaded up a second plate while Bucky wasn't even halfway through his first although, Bucky wasn't eating very fast. 

   "I'm stuffed," Steve sighs, leaning back in his chair, he really was stuffed.

   "I think you would be, you ate a ton," Clint agrees.

   "You should go to bed. I'll clean up and meet you upstairs," Bucky says quietly, Steve goes to protest but Bucky shakes his head. Sighing, Steve wishes every one goodnight and heads to bed. After cleaning up Bucky comes to join him as promised. Bucky curls up beside him and Steve noticed the brunette seemed... Smaller.

   "Are you sick?" Steve asks quietly, his head on top of the brunette's. Bucky sighs deeply and nods.

   "Stomach issues, Bruce thinks it has to do with being so poorly treated for years. I promise I'm dealing with it," he assures.

Steve sighs because Bucky didn't deserve the trouble of health problems after being the winter soldier for so long, especially not when the problems are because of it. "As long as you're dealing with it," he sighs.

"You really did eat a lot," he murmurs, poking his swollen stomach. Steve grunts and shuffles away slightly. Bucky laughs slightly and curls up against him again.

"I love you," Steve hums, kissing his forehead gently.

"I love you too," Bucky smiles.