Day 16: Tears

"I never stood a chance did I?" Becky asks weakly.

   ""That's the sad part- you did once," Stephanie replies quietly.

~ 1 week before ~

  Becky Barnes was nominated the prettiest girl in the world when she was fifteen. Well, technically they didn't call her Becky Barnes. They called her Carmen, Becky hadn't been called by her real name in years.

   Becky spun around the stage in circles while the crowd cheered her on. The closer members reached through the bars and grabbed at her ankles.  

   "Let's go pretty girl," her handler, Ward, says opening up her cage and holding out his arms. She wraps her arms around his neck and he picks her up easily. He carries her backstage where he puts her down gently. Becky adjusts her tight dress and looks to him expectantly.

   "No clients tonight, Alex desires your company for the evening," Ward explains.

  Becky nods and heads towards her room. She changes and has a drink before she finds her way to Alex's room.

~ Friday ~

  Becky stretches out, warming up before the evening. She takes a seat and orders a drink.

    "So you're Carmen, most beautiful girl in the world," a blonde speaks, taking the seat across from her.

   "Carmen's my name but you can call me whatever you like. What do I call you?" Becky purrs, leaning forward.

    "Stephanie, how old are you?" She asks.

   "Seventeen," Becky answers, "and you?"

   "Twenty two," Stephanie smiles. "You're technically not old enough to drink."

   "Never stopped me before," Becky shrugs. "What can I do for you?"

  "I'd like to know a little about your boss," Stephanie explains.

   "Alex? You're an officer aren't you. He doesn't make me do anything I don't want," Becky defends herself.

   "So you enjoy doing all this?" Stephanie presses.

   "If I didn't I'd leave," Becky scowls.

   "I highly doubt you could."

  "If I wanted I could walk out and never come back."

  "Could you?"

   "Yes."

   "Then do it."

  "I said if I wanted to. I don't want to."

  "Is it because you're afraid?"

  "Afraid of what?"

   "Being in control. I've been on your case for years Rebecca Barnes. There's no way you could like this. Nobody could other than the disgusting pigs that benefit from your services," Stephanie hisses quietly, leaning in close.

   "Get out of my face," Becky snarls.

   Stephanie stand up but before she goes she places a card on the table. "Call me someday, Carmen."