Day 21: Learning each other's phobias

Bucky curls up shivering and sniffling, his heart pounding in his chest. Steve looks over at him sleepily. He sits up and watches Bucky worriedly.

"You okay baby?" He asks, Bucky shakes his head slowly. Steve opens his arms and Bucky backs away. "What's wrong?" Steve asks. "Bucky?" Steve asks, watching Bucky pale. Steve could hear the brunettes breathing quicken as he got up and took off. Steve chased him to the roof where Bucky fell to his knees hyperventilating.

"Breathe. Breathe Bucky." Steve drops to his knees beside him and puts his hands on the brunettes shoulders. "Breathe baby. In, out. In, out." He stays like that until Bucky's breathing evened out and he fell against his chest. Steve rubs his back soothingly. "It's okay baby." Steve sighs. Steve slowly gets up after a while, his ears burned from the cold and he knew that Bucky had to be freezing. He carefully picks him up and carries him inside.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" Steve asks softly, looking at Bucky across the table.

"I had a nightmare." He mumbles.

"It was more than that wasn't it baby. You don't usually go up to the roof." Steve responds. Bucky swallows and stare down into his hot cocoa.

"I'm claustrophobic." He admits, not looking up, Steve's head shoots up from his cup.

"What?" Steve asks bewildered.

"I'm claustrophobic. Have been since I was six and got locked in the attic." He mumbles. Steve swallows. He remembered that day. Bucky was trapped up in the attic for a week, it had been quite small, even Steve had trouble fitting in there before getting the serum.

"Why didn't you say anything?" He asks. Bucky shrugs.

"It didn't really matter. Besides, you didn't need to be worrying about me."

"I'm sorry." Steve sighs. Bucky looks up and smiles slightly.

"You got any phobias?" He asks quietly, meeting Steve's eyes with his sad blue eyes.

"Drowning. After the whole plane incident I'm kind of terrified of drowning." Steve admits. Bucky nods, tugging the blankets tighter around himself. His ears were still a bright red that worried Steve.

"We should see if we can maybe find a more open place that isn't the roof if this happens again." Steve speaks. Bucky nods, he still couldn't feel his fingers.

"Are you gonna look at me differently now?" He ask shyly. Steve shakes his head.

"You wouldn't think differently of me now that you know my fear." Steve answers. Bucky smiles sheepishly.

"Thanks."