Day 29 - Power Outage

Steve looked up when the power blacked out and he heard swearing. Only Bucky was home so he knew it was him. He finds his way to the kitchen where Bucky had been cooking. He smells something burning and hears Bucky trying to find something.

  "You okay?" Steve calls into the kitchen.

"Don't come in. I dropped a dish and it shattered," Bucky responds.

"Are you okay?"

"I stepped on it and burnt my hand on the stove but I should be," Bucky replies.

"Crap. I'm going to go find the flashlights. Just stay put," he calls and when he gets what sounds like an okay from Bucky he turns and finds his way to the living room.

"Fuck!" He hears Bucky shout and he quickly grabs the flashlight and goes to check on him hurriedly.

  "What'd you do this time?" He asks, carefully walking around the glass, he noticed there was a lot of blood on the floor.

  "I put my hand in the sink because I burnt it and it really hurt but I forgot I put the knives in there and I cut my hand," he explains and Steve's sighs. He grabs the kitchen towel and wraps it around his hand, Bucky flinches. He puts the flashlight in his mouth and picks up Bucky easily. He carefully carries him to the couch a sets him down.

  "Stay you danger magnet," he instructs and Bucky pouts up at him. He gets the first aid kit and bandages up Bucky's feet but he didn't have the stuff for the burns and the glass was buried to deep for him to get out. He picks the brunette up carefully and takes him down to the car. He drives him to the hospital, the power seemed to be out in the entire city. Steve nudges Bucky who's head had fallen to the side. Bucky looks up and Steve carefully picks him up. He takes him inside carefully. It was chaotic inside and Bucky was unconscious against his shoulder. He gets his friend, a nurse named Sharon Carter to help him out and she takes them to a back room and pulls the glass from Bucky's feet then stitches the cuts up. Then she takes care of his hand.

"He's my little danger magnet," Steve explains when Sharon asks what happened.

"M not," Bucky mumbles, looking up with barely open eyes.

"You are too. How do you explain the squirrel incident?" Steve argues and Bucky huffs but says nothing. "Exactly. My little danger magnet," he smiles, nuzzling the top of his head. Sharon steps out and leaves them alone. The power comes back on and Steve takes Bucky home. The brunette is very annoyed to find he has to use a wheelchair to get around until his feet heal but Steve is always there to help him.