Day 20 - Scarves

Bucky stands in the cold all bundled up. The wind pulls his scarf off and he chases after it. He runs into someone and slips on the icy sidewalk. He ends up on his back staring dazed up at the blonde who had his scarf. The blonde was swearing and helping him to his feet and saying something about concussions and 911. Bucky blacked out.

   He woke up in the hospital and the blonde was looking at him sheepishly.

    Sorry. The blonde signs.

   How'd you know? Bucky signs back after feeling for his hearing aids which were missing.

  I'm pretty sure they're shot. The blonde signs then holds up his hearing aids.

   That's fine. They were shit anyways. He sighs.

   Good to know. They told me you have a concussion. I'm really sorry about that. The blonde signs.

   Thank you hero. He signs and the blonde blushes.

  I'm not a hero. Just Steve. Steve signs back.

   You're a hero. I've had assholes leave me on the sidewalk before.

  You've had concussions before? Steve signs, clearly alarmed.

Well yeah. I've got a bit of issues up here. People like knocking down the deaf guy. He shrugs.

"Oh my god," Steve says aloud and Bucky reads his lips. "I'm sorry."

Don't be, I'll be fine. He signs. Steve nods.

   How do you plan on getting home? Do you have someone who can watch over you? I wouldn't want you falling into a coma or something. That'd be bad. Steve signs and Bucky doesn't reply for a while.

  I don't have a place. I sleep at the homeless shelter when the place has open beds. Bucky shrugs, blushing.

  You could come stay with me. Steve offers.

   I barely know you. Bucky responds.

   It's the least I can do considering its my fault you're here. Steve shrugs and Bucky sighs.

I don't want to be in your way.

"You won't be. Please?"

Fine. Bucky agrees. Steve takes him to his place when he's released.

They get together after a while. Bucky and Steve eventually got married and were happy.