Day 8: Carving pumpkins

Bucky picked out a massive pumpkin and hauled it up to the counter. Steve laughs, setting his pumpkin down.

"How are you going to carve that monster?" Steve laughs, looking at him with an amused expression.

"I plan on carving it like you carve a pumpkin." Bucky answers. Steve shoves his shoulder. Bucky bats his arm. A tiny blonde comes bouncing up to the counter and checks Bucky out.

"That'll be $15.97" She hums, twirling her hair around her finger. Bucky smiles slightly because he could tell Steve was jealous.

"You got my wallet?" Steve asks.

"Back pocket." He answers. Steve pulls the wallet from his back pocket. He sets the money on the counter. Her eyes widen slightly. She puts in the money and hands them the receipt.

"You really had to?" Bucky asks, looking at him over the top of his pumpkin.

"She really didn't notice your ring? Or mine?" Steve pouts. Bucky laughs slightly.

"It's on my right hand Steve. Most people think it's just a ring." He smiles. Steve huffs.

"Still." Steve pouts. Bucky rolls his eyes fondly.

"Open the trunk." He tells him. Steve elbows him in the side before opening the trunk.

"So bossy." Steve teases.

"Oh really? You're the bossy one mister." He grunts, putting his pumpkin in the back. He shuts the trunk and wanders around to the front and slides into the passenger seat.

"But you love it." Steve purrs.

"Always." He answers.

They returns to the tower and haul their pumpkins up to their floor. Bucky puts his pumpkin on the floor then sits down then lays spread eagle in the middle of the kitchen.

"Really?" Steve asks, holding his pumpkin.

"Yep." Bucky answers, popping the p.

"Oh, so you won't mind if I do this?" Steve asks, setting the pumpkin on his stomach.

"Oof." He breathes. "Get it off. I'll move." He whines.

"Okay." Steve picks up his pumpkin and puts it beside Bucky's. Before Bucky can get up though Steve sits on him.

"Move! You're crushing me!" He squeaks.

"I like it here though." Steve hums.

"I don't even want to know what you too are up too." Natasha hums, wandering in.

"He's crushing me Nat!" Bucky whines.

"Don't whine James." Natasha tells him. Leaning down and poking his nose. Bucky tries to swat away her hand away. Steve moves slightly and Bucky groans. He smacks Steve in the side.

"Get off!" He huffs. Steve kisses him gently and gets off. Bucky gets up, huffing. He dusts himself off.

"I hate you both. Just so you know." He huffs. Steve hugs him tightly.

"I'm sowy." Steve apologizes, kissing the side of his head. Bucky sighs and leans into his touch. Nat grabs a gallon of milk from their fridge then blows them a kiss before leaving. Bucky gets out a large knife and a big spoon. He cuts the top of his pumpkin out and starts to gut it. A half an hour later Bucky lays spread eagle on the kitchen floor again beside a mountain of pumpkin guts. Steve laughs at him, he'd already started carving all of the avengers into his pumpkin. Bucky huffs and sits up again. He starts to carve his pumpkin. He was carving a pack of wolves into his pumpkin, to represent how close the avengers were. How close their family was. He called the funny looking one in the back Clint. Tony was the one that looked like he was full of himself. Bruce was the shy looking one by Nat and Thor was in the background howling. Bucky was beside Steve who was at the front. Steve sets his tools down and shows Bucky.

"Show off." Bucky pouts, Steve's was a really fancy carving of all the avengers.

"Yours is really good too." Steve argues.

"Mhmm. Ready to take 'em downstairs?" He asks. Steve nods and picks his up. Bucky picks up his. They take them downstairs and put them with the others. On Halloween night they put candles in them. Bucky smiles proudly at the pumpkins. Steve kisses his cheek.

"They're awesome." He smiles at him.

"Yes, yes they are." Bucky answers, smiling contentedly.