"Nidhi!" I said. "What? It's true. I'm simply being honest. She is a slut." She said. I sighed. What Nidhi said was true. I shouldn't let this woman get to me. Rehaan is my man and no one can take him away from me. Not even Bethany Lisa Lloyd.

"You're right. I'm not going let some random woman enter my life and put me under stress." I said. Nidhi smiled widely and patted my back.

And I know. Rehaan wouldn't cheat on me. I trust him.

"Ahaana?! Nidhi?! Mum's calling you downstairs! I'm not going to call you again!" Aryan yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I yelled back and both of us went downstairs to see my mum sitting with Nidhi's mother in the living room.

"Oh, ma? What are you doing here?" Nidhi asked her mum. "What? Can't I come to meet my friend? I'm here to meet Sharada." Her mother said.

"Oh right." Nidhi said and smiled sheepishly. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to my mum.

"Why'd you call us mum?" I asked her. "Okay so as you know your engagement date has been fixed to the 26th of April. And today's March 9th so we have just seventeen days left for your engagement and we don't even have your dress for the day. The venue has been decided and your father will be finalising it today. We have already contacted the caterers for the night and they'll be coming the day after tomorrow to finalise the menu. Rehaan and Malini will be here too." Mum said.

Oh.

Wait what?

17 days only?!

I will be an engaged woman in just 17 days?! It's actually pretty early but in another way, it's good as I know Rehaan is the one for me and the sooner he's engaged to me the faster Bethany will get it in her head that he's taken. Or I hope she gets it.

"Ooh!!! Dress shopping!! I want to come!!" Nidhi squealed and clapped her hands in excitement. I chuckled. She gets so hyper sometimes.

"Obviously you will come. How can we go shopping for Ahana's engagement dress without the Great Nidhi?" Mum said.

Nidhi smiled and asked, "When are we going?" "Today. Actually, we're supposed to be leaving in fifteen minutes." Mum said.

"A little early to inform me, don't ya think ma?" I asked her sarcastically. She chuckled and asked us to get dressed.

Nidhi was already dressed in a blue top and jeans and I went in and got dressed in jeans and a white top and a multicolored shrug and we went downstairs.

My mum was ready and was talking to Nidhi's mum. We left soon after and stopped in front of a boutique. Kangana aunty (Nidhi's mother) knew the owner of the boutique and was friends with her.

We got out of the car and entered the boutique. It looked very attractive with a small pond like thing outside the boutique. It looked very romantic ( In the English literature sense)

We went inside and Kangana aunty spoke, "Milli, is Parineeti there?" Shreya, the sales girl replied that Parineeti would be here in five minutes and that we could look around till she comes.

"Is Parineeti the owner?" mum asked. "Yea. She is an extremely talented lady. I want her to suggest a few dresses for Ahana or maybe custom stitch one." Kangana aunty replied, smiling at me as I returned the gesture.

I looked around the aisle with Anarkalis and found quite a few pretty ones. "Oh, no lady. You will not wear an Anarkali for your engagement." Mum said.

"Yes Ahana, you should wear a lehenga instead." Kangana aunty agreed with mum. "This time, I agree with both our mums. You should wear a lehenga. You are just too obsessed with Anarkalis." Nidhi said, supporting them.

I sighed. It was true though. I did have a soft spot for Anarkalis. I just thought they looked very elegant.

I sadly put back the gold and pink Anarkali that I had picked. A hand stopped me. I turned around to come face - to – face with mum. I looked at her with confusion.

"I said you can't wear it on your engagement day. Not that you can't wear it at all. You like it so let's buy it. You can wear it during the other rituals that we have to perform before the marriage." Mum said. I smiled widely and I took the Anarkali out.

"That's a good choice." An unfamiliar voice said from behind us.

I turned around to see a woman in about her thirties. She charmingly smiled and Kangana aunty said," Ahana, Malini this is Parineeti."

--------------------

Author's Note

Yea I know. No romance in this chapter. Sorry. 

But I promise there will be more of Rehaan's and Ahana's romance in the following chapters. Keep reading!

                                         -007Potter