chapter twenty five

Milan

After a very long day of shopping we finally walk back in the house. I walk into the bedroom and see Armani knocked out in our bed. Second night in a row I'm guessing. "Baby." I call out. "In the bathroom." He says walking out. "What's up love?" He kisses my lips. "Not much. Back from shopping."

"What you get?" He asks grabbing some bags out of my hands. "A lil bit of this and that. What y'all had going on today?"

"Nothing really."

"Mhmm."

"What does that mean?" He asks. "Um, it could . mean okay or right or however you take it." I Red answer looking at him sideways. "Oh."

"Why you acting like that?"

"Acting like what?"

"Suspicious."

"I'm not I just asked what you meant by that sue me." I laugh, "Okay August."

I walk inside the closet. "Bab-"

"Daddy!" Armani jumps up screaming. "What is wrong with you?" I ask walking inside the room. My heart is still beating triple times faster. "I saw the man mommy." She run over to August. "What man?!?"

August and Armani exchange looks. "Girl everything went down when we left." Amber says walking inside. I cut my eyes at August. "Here's your other bag. Um I'll leave now." Amber says. "Thanks Amber." August says.

"Can you shut the door and take Armani with you.."

"Come on sweets." Amber says. Armani slowly walks over and grabs her hand. They leave out of the room, shutting the door.

"Bab-"

"August!"

"It was handled and under control."

"What the fuck happened?!?"

"A guy came and Kertury showed up and just a bunch of shit but the guy is dead and she's gone."

"What the fuck! You couldn't call me? Why is Armani so scared of this man?" He drops his head. "Did he have my child?!?"

"He was holding her."

"What did you do? I know you didn't shoot this nigga while he was holding Armani! What if the bullet would've hit her! What you tell her?"

"I told her straight up how it was. She had questions I have her honest, blunt answers. She knows what we do. She's not stupid at all."

"You didn't think seeing what I thought or how I felt about this? Did any of that possibly cross your mind."

"Milan it's over and done with now. She knows she been knew. This conversation is over." Did he just.. "No it's not over. We already lost two to this fucking life and you ready to lose another."

"What the hell you mean? I had her covered. All of us were out there. Look- she's fine. Just a little shook up but that's it. Ain't shit happening to y'all on my watch."

"Whatever August. That's straight bullshit. Next time you should consult with your wife before telling our five year old daughter her parents are fucking drug dealers and killers."

"You ain't think for one second SHE ALREADY KNEW. She was gone have questions and we was gone be looking dumb ass hell trying to figure out the answers. Now she knows, this won't be nothing to her when she's older."

"You right this shit gone be a blur to her once she's older. We'll be done with all of this shit. Once that bitch Kertury takes her last breathe I'm out."

"You out?"

"O-U-T!"

He waves me off, "Man just chill out and shut the hell up."

"Oh Ima shut the hell up. Don't say shit to me, alright?" I get up and leave out of the room. This isn't how I imagined my night going. I wanted to give his ass some not argue. But he should've at least gave me the opportunity to say sure baby let's tell our daughter what we really do.

"Milan." I turn my head away from him. "Listen you knew all the shit Santiago was doing while growing up. You had to sneak around and do shit behind his back while he's thinking his precious lil angel ain't know a thing. I ain't trying to be like that. She knows just like you did. She's you all over again with a hint of me. Maybe she's the one that'll break the cycle and do normal shit for a living. But she won't be in the kitchen of her pops house whipping up some to prove to some nigga she knows her stuff and measuring shit better than a scale." I smile still not looking at him.

"Good night." I say walking into the guest room and shutting the door.

--------

We're back on a flight to home, if that's what we should even call it. "Milan can we go shopping once we get settled?" Kenya asks. "If your father says it's okay."

August and Armani are sleeping peacefully next to me. I sit there and can't help but to stare at August. The last time I was on a plane I didn't have the slightest clue as to what was going on with my love. I thought he was Drew but Drew was him. I had only one child and now I'm leaving with two more.

I don't know how any of this will play out. Whether it will end good or bad. All I know is the one who's responsible for turning my word upside down has a couple of bullets with her name on it.

"What you staring at?" He asks with one eye open. I turn my head back forward. I haven't spoke to him since our argument last night. "Milan."

"Flight number 769 will be landing shortly please buckle in and prepare for landing.

As soon as we step foot inside the airport it begins to feel real. We're really back. "While we get our baggage we need to get the kids something to eat."

I look around the place as we walk. Something is off. "Baby something doesn't feel right." I whisper. "What you mean bae?"

"I don't know, I just don't have a good feeling. Maybe we should head to house first."

"But mommy I'm hungry." Armani whines. "Me too." Micai says. "Let's just get them something to eat real quick." Jae says. "We need to make it fast." August sits his arm around me.  This doesn't feel right at all.

We walk up to the Chick-fil-A counter after we get our bags. We order and step to the side. "I'm going outside to get some air." August walks with me. "You straight?"

"Hm." Someone catches my eyes as we walk out the door. "Who is that?" I ask gripping my side. "Where?" August asks. "Look over here." I point. "How the fuck did she-."

I release every round and before I can look away from that bitch's body the Feds surround us.