chapter two

"Get the fuck outta my office. Big D handle this shit man." Is fool written across my forward? These niggas trying my patience today. "Yes ma'am." D escorts Jarod out of my office. I lean back in the chair and stare at the picture on my desk of me and August. If he only he was here.

"Milan Chop is here to see you." Ace says walking inside. Chop comes in right behind him. "What's good Chop?" I get up and go the front of my desk. "I got in contact with the relative of the girl. He's flying in tonight. He'd prefer to do dinner somewhere nice." I roll my eyes. "Who is this nigga? The president of America?"

"His name is Cartier Johnson." That struck a nerve and sent a chill up my spine. "What?" I ask rhetorically. "He runs-"

"I know who he is."

Ace and Chop look at me. "How?" Ace asks. "We just do." I can't tell the men who technically work for my husband of my previous ties with Cartier. "Okay so where would be best to meet?" Chop asks. "Set up reservations under Santiago at Chantal's." I says grabbing my vibrating phone. "Got it boss."

"Speak." I say answering. "Milan where are you?" Amber asks. "At the office. What's up?" I sit down at the desk. "Princess is begging to see you, mind if we come up there?"

"Meet me at Queens."

"Okay." I hang up with Amber and gather my things. "Call me once the reservations are set up." I walk out of the office and head straight down to my car.

Once I make it to Queens I head inside. "Mommy!." Princess yells. "Sit down girl." I sit down beside them. "We order you steak." Amber says. "Yum. I'll be late tonight so I figured I get that time in now." Duchess reaches out to me. I pick her up as our food arrives. "Hey baby girl.. Hey Micai."

"I'm meeting with a guy tonight who may know the whereabouts of this girl."

"Word?"

"Yeah. I can't wait for this." She smiles, "Heck me either. I hope it leads somewhere." I smile I bite into my steak not without Duchess trying to help herself to my plate first. "Want some." She says in her high pitch voice. "Mommy we want some too."

I cut a piece and give each of them one. "Yummy." I smile, "Delicious." My phone rings as I go to put another bite in my mouth. "Speak." It's a bunch of static going on in the background. "Okay." I say hanging up. "Who was that?" I shrug my shoulders. "I couldn't hear anything."

We finish eating and then head to the house. "Mrs. Alsina a delivery guy came by earlier. Jenson set the package down in the dining room." I nod my head and walk inside. "Who's sending you bottles and flowers?" Nisha asks. "Well damn hey to you too Nisha."

"What's good boss lady? Back to my question though." I shrug my shoulders and walk over to the package. "You know they have laws against opening people's mail." Nisha laughs, "You'd bail me out anyway. I had to check for safety reasons." I shake my head smiling.

I reopen the box and see a bottle of champagne and flowers, cattleya's. I don't need a note to know who these are from but the question is how. "A friend I'm meeting for dinner tonight." I say. "Ohhh pretty flowers." Amber says walking by the table. "What friend?" Nisha asks with her eyebrows raised. "His name-"

"Wait a minute it's a guy?" Amber asks. "Exactly." Nisha says. "If you'd let me finish talking." I say rolling my eyes. "Go ahead my bad." Amber laughs. "His name is Cartier Johnson. He's a relative of Kertury Santino."

"Oh shit." Amber says. "Well what should I wear?" Nisha asks. I laugh, "Excuse me?" Nisha crosses her arms, "You aren't going alone."

"I can handle myself with him. Trust me Nisha."

"You might need backup or something I got this on lock."

"Nisha please remember who taught you. I have this, it's cool."

After convincing Nisha I'm grown enough to go alone and that she'll be the first person I call if shit goes left, I head up to my room with my babies. Princess and Prince climb in my bed and we can't leave Duchess out of the party. "Everyone nice and comfortable?" I ask. "Yes ma'am." Armani says. "Mommy cars." Prince says laying on my thighs. I cut the movie on. With Duchess laying on my chest and Amrani at my arm we all fall asleep.

A few hours later...

I wake up to my children legs and hands everywhere. They get this wild sleeping from their father. I lay Duchess on the bed next to Armani. Once I get off the bed successfully I look down at my children and smile. My smile drops when I see the time. Damn. I get in the shower and quickly get ready to go.

With a red dress, not exposing too much, my gold accessories, six inch heels and my hair perfectly in a bun, I'm ready to leave. "Okay I see you. Sure August isn't really Cartier?" Nisha says. I laugh, "I really wish that was case. Hopefully Cartier can give me something to work on finding him."

"Sure you don't want me to go?" I shake my head yes. "I should be back around ten- ten thirty tops."

"Okay Milan." I grab my clutch and keys. "If the kids wake before I get back make sure they get a bath." Nisha shakes her head.

I arrive at the restaurant a bit pass seven. After handing my keys to the valet I head inside. "Santiago." I say to hostess. "Your party has already arrived." She says escorting me to the table.

Cartier Johnson. "Milan Santiago." I crack a smile as he gets up. We hug and his scent of cologne immediately draws me to him. "It's so good to see you after all these years."

"Likewise Cartier."

He pulls my chair out for me. Sitting down I look at his men standing off as guard. "How have you been?" Cartier asks. I sip on my water. Rookie move Milan. I quickly sit the water down. "I've been good. Yourself?" I ask waving the waitress over. "I've been good. You look good."

"Can I get a glass of champagne." The woman nods her head and leaves. "Thank you. You do too." His golden caramel skin glowed in the room with his flashy yet not too flashy gold watch and chains. His tattoos stand out against his skin complexion and the gold grills in his mouth shine as the light glistens downs each time he opens his mouth.

"So missed me any?" I clear my throat and fake a smile, "Do I look like the type to miss anything of my past?" His eyebrows raise as the oh so familiar smirk forms on his face. "I think I was special case." I chuckle, "Oh really?" He can't be serious not after all that has happened. He sips his drink, "I do."

"Well Mr. Johnson I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I haven't really." I say rolling my eyes.

He chuckles, "Your guarded ways still run your life."

"Excuse me?"

He throws his hands up like he's surrendering, "When you walked in and saw me that was natural, this is a guarded. Why are you getting defensive?" Seriously?

"You came to this conclusion because I didn't miss you? Please. After everything my guarded ways was what left me standing in front of the court house for you too then huh? Who rode for who here Cartier?"

He runs his tongue across his teeth as his phone rings, rude ass. "I'm sorry to leave so rudely but we will have to re-schedule this." He says getting up. He sits some money on the table. "I'll call you." I cross my arms and lean back in the chair as Cartier and his men walk out. It's only two people who can read me like an open book and Cartier Johnson is still one of them.