chapter twenty one

Milan

I wake up sweating like hell. I roll over and look the clock, its 3 in the morning. "Bae you good?" August mumbles. "I just hand a horrible dream and shit was crazy."

"What happen?"

"Santiago wasn't dead. He was plotting against us this entire time and Armani... She was the one that pulled the trigger to kill him. She killed her fucking grandfather and didn't flinch or think twice about it. We have to get her out of this environment."

"Baby it was just a dream. We both know you killed Santiago. I checked to make sure him and Jakira ass was died." He sits his arm across my stomach. "We good. It's not shit to worry about. I'll die before I let anything happen to y'all."

"Yeah bae that makes me feel better." I say rolling my eyes. He chuckles, "My point is we straight." He says opening one eye. "I wonder what would've happened if we never got in involved in this shit." I say sighing. "I don't know but go back to sleep." I lean down into the pillow. After just laying there I rollover and face August.

"Milan."

"Huh?" I answer. "Stop moving." He says pulling me closer. "I can't help it." He kisses my lips. "Yes you can."

"Baby this is really bothering me." I whine. I'm tired of shit being like this. "Baby it's fine." I trace a tattoo on his arm. "It's not-" He pushes his tongue down my throat.

"Bae..."

"Milan." He says against my lips. "Stop I'm not trying to.. do this right now."

"Huh?" He says moving to my neck. I laugh, "August chill. I'll go to sleep but we're talking about this in the morning." He looks up at me, "Promise?" He asks. "Yeah."

"Alright. I got ways to help you if you can't."

"I love you."

"I love you too baby."

-----

I wake up feeling more drained than refreshed. "Milan will you please tell Jae we know Chris!" Amber yells walking inside the room. "That's my cousin." I respond getting out of bed. "For real?!? He knows my cousin Bri. Well knew her anyway. She talked about him all the time."

"I think I remember hearing her name before." It's really a small ass world. "Aw shit." Amber says. "Y'all seen Aug?"

"Yeah he went out with Micah and Drew. They had some kind of business to take care of." I roll my eyes. That guy there man. "Y'all know where?" I ask. "Nah Milan we don't really clock them like you do."

"Excuse me?" I ask looking at Jae sideways. "I mean I'm not checking Andrew every move. He's a grown ass man. I trust he knows what he's doing."

"If you knew what actually went on in the type of business they do then you'd clock his every move. Anything could happen at the drop of a dime."

"Look after all that shit with you I stopped caring where he was at, who he was with, etc. That shit is annoying and I'm not about to stress myself out over it."

"You damn sure should've been checking his ass while he was with me. His ass almost died a few times." Amber laughs at me. "I just don't feel it's necessary to do all of that." Jae says. "Well you have your way and I have mine, the end."

"You right. How did it feel to have to go through all that shit with Andrew and August?"

"It felt how it felt. How did it feel to get shot?" Jae just naturally presses my buttons anytime she opens her mouth. Maybe it has something to do with how we met but God she can irritate my soul sometimes. "Okay you two..." Amber says stepping in, "I swear y'all are long lost sisters."

"I have one sister and that bitch is in a federal building somewhere."

"That's so crazy you have a sister who works for the Feds."

"It is isn't it." Jae was about to say something but the kids walk in the room. "Mommy!" Armani says running to me. "Good morning. Why are you yelling?"

"Sorry." She giggles. "Ma can we go to the park today?" Micai asks. "Sure, if Milan's up to it." Amber says.

"Doesn't matter. We should wait until their father's get back. Jae when you and Drew adding to the zoo?"

"That's none of your business." She says sternly. What the fuck is her problem? "As if anything is ever yours. Why are you so offended by a simple question?" She walks out of the room. "What the hell?" I ask looking at Amber. She shrugs her shoulders.

"Owwww Auntie said a bad word." Micai says. I forgot all about them being in the room. "You just make sure it doesn't come out of your mouth."

"Okay." Micai says quickly. "Milan Fucking Alsina." August says dropping to the bed. "When did y'all get back?" Amber asks. "A few minutes ago. Let me talk go my wife real quick though sis... Armani you walk out with her."

"But why I got to get out?" Armani asks. "Because I said so." August responds back. Armani eyes August as she walks out of the room with Amber. He chuckles, "That little girl is something else."

"I know. So what's up? What do you have to talk about?" I ask him. "So guess who I saw today!"

"Who?"

"A dealer and he gave my ass a sweet as deal on some work."

"But I thought we weren't doing that here."

"Oh we we aren't." I look at him with a confused look "We're going back home."

"When?"

"Soon."

"What made you decide that?"

"I alway knew we weren't staying here for forever."

"But what about what we left back home?" I ask. Has he really thought all of this through? "All that is being taken care of baby girl. I got us covered."

"How though?" Shit use to be a don't ask, don't tell policy but I need to know the scoop now. "It's perks when your friends with people in high places. Just know we're good." I hope he knows what he's getting us into.