chapter sixteen

August 

"Baby." I open my arms to my girls. "August?" She questions with a look of hesitation. I smile at her and nod at my bro, Jae, and Yaya coming off the jet. "Where's Prince and Duchess?" I ask. Milan starts crying immediately. "Baby what's wrong?" I ask. "They're gone daddy." Armani says looking back at me and my brother. My heart drops immediately, "Gone where baby girl?"

"They were killed before we got here."

"What's?!? Drew how?!?" I ask. I could strangle this nigga! "Aug we were in the house and they were outside playing then the niggas came up and then we found them." Andrew says. I shake my head. "Damn man." I look down and see Armani looking at me with tears in her eyes. I pick her up and she lays her head on my shoulder. Milan is taking up the right side of me and Armani on the left. It feels good as hell to have my girls back in my arms.

"Where are they're bodies?" I ask. "I called my main man and he's taking care of it." Milan raises up and walk over Andrew. It sounds likes a damn fire cracker went off the way she slapped him. Jae looked like she wanted to say something but she doesn't. Smart girl. "My children aren't these dumb ass hood niggas y'all bury because he owed some or stole some." Andrew holds the side of his face. "And that's for playing like you're my damn husband!"

I laugh a little as she walks back to me. "August where the fuck have you been!" She yells at me. I smile. "Baby we'll discuss all of us later. Right now we need to get to the crib."

We get inside my truck and head over to my house. "Missed me?" I ask sitting my free arm around Milan's shoulder. "I hate you right now. How would you do that to me?"

"How could you fuck around with that Carter nigga?"

"August I thought I was a divorced, single woman who was looking out for her family but I guess not."

"Getting cozy with that nigga wasn't in the plan."

"Well you never filled me in on what the damn plan was August running off with Kertury."

"That was Andrew."

She sighs leaning back, "Well where have you been for the last four, five years August?" She asks. "Baby I owe you an answer and I promise I'm going to tell you."

"Alright August."

We arrive at my house and get inside. "Y'all rooms on the east wing." I say to Andrew and Jaelyn. "Cool Bruh see y'all later. My bad Milan." I look over at Milan. She rolls her eyes. "Jae what happen to your shoulder?" I ask. "Your girl."

I escort my girls up to the room. "Armani your room is right beside ours." I say opening the door for her. She stares at the room in awe. "Is this whole thing mine?" She asks looking up. "Yes."

"Thank you daddy." She hugs me and runs inside her room. I leave her door opens and walk inside of ours. "This is your Queendom." I say opening the door to our bedroom. "Baby this room is huge!" She says looking around. I laugh, "Well you know bigger is better."

"A canopy bed?" She says sitting in the bed. "Yes. I had this girl name Bella to design the house. Since we'll be here for a while."

"Sooo what happen?" She asks laying back on the bed. "Where's your ring?" She laughs and it almost sounds sinister. "Well I was mad one day and I threw it down the garbage disposal." My mouth drops open. "Milan!" She smiles, "Just kidding, its around my neck." She says showing me.

"Girl I was bout to graze your shoulder." She laughs, "Not if I get to you first. Why'd you leave me?"

"Protection mostly."

"You could protect us from our home, our bed, our trap, our fucking empire."

"I know but I've been watching everything."

She twist her lips at me, "August that doesn't answer my question and who the fuck told your brother he could kiss me and oh my God we had -"

"That was me. Except for the kiss. Ima knock his ass out for that."

"So what about the divorce and all that?" 

"That was Andrew but it was fake." She stands up and I pull her to me.

"He played the hell outta you."

"Did you really think I could break your heart?" I place my forehead on hers. "I wanted to believe you wouldn't but the limits that I was pushed to were ridiculous. I was hurt August to the point where I thought it was a point of no return... But being back in your arms the hate I had in my heart seems to be fading."

"I'm sorry I put you through it baby girl. We back in action. As you've probably guessed life isn't going to be the same anymore. This is our home now."

"As long as I'm with you I don't care." Her lips crash against mine and it's what I've been missing. Milan is back in my arms. It hurts like hell my son and daughter aren't here and didn't get the proper burial.  Knock, knock. We break apart and I walk over to the door.

"Um daddy the man that looks like said he's my uncle. Is that true?" Princess asks. I chuckle at the sass in her voice and posture. "Yes baby that's my twin brother, and your Uncle Drew."

"But he looks like you." She says. "I know we're twins." I say to her. "What about Uncle Micah?" She asks. "That's your uncle too." She walks inside our room. "So where is he?" She asks. "He'll be here shortly."

"Is Amber coming with him?" Milan asks me. "Yes."

"So we're all going to be here daddy?" Armani asks. "Yes baby girl." I respond. "Mr. Alsina dinner is ready." My housekeeper says. "Okay thank you... Let's go eat."

"So daddy where are we?" Armani asks. I grab her hand and sit my arm around her mother's shoulder. "We're close enough to stay together and far enough to keep the enemies away."

"We're all together and that's all that matters baby girl." Milan says. We sit down at the huge round table. "This table is fit for a castle." Armani says. "Well we are Trap Royalty baby girl."

"So I'm the princess?" Amrani asks.  "Yes." I answer her. "So Mommy's the Queen." Armani says. Milan looks at me and smiles, "Forever your trap queen."