chapter twenty four

August

I wake up to Armani's foot in my mouth. How did she even end up in here. "She woke up in the middle of the night and asked if she could sleep with us." Milan says standing at the foot of the bed getting dressed. "Why she wake up in the middle of the night?"

"Bad dream I guess. I was half sleep myself." She walks over to me and leans down to kiss me. After sliding our daughter over and away from my mouth I lean up and kiss her. "Where you going?"

"Out nosey." She says with a smirk. "Out where?" I ask grabbing her waist and bringing her down on me. "With the girls August."

"Fix this problem for me before you go." I glance down and she follows my eyes. "Baby Armani is right there."

"The bathroom right there."

"August." She whines. "Milan." She mugs me getting up. "Don't take my shirt off." Score. I follow behind her inside the bathroom, locking the door. "Have you gotten any updates on Nisha?" She asks coming out the jeans she just put on.

"Bae I been sleep." I move her hair away from her neck. "What's up with your sister?"

"This 21 Questions?" I ask seeing she's stalling for some reason. "I'm just asking while they're on my mind."

"Can we talk about this later?" I start kissing on her neck. "Baby can we do this later. I'm just not in the mood for this."

"Milannnn."

She turns around and faces me. "I'm sorry." She wraps her arms around my shoulders. "Sorry doesn't fix this." I grit. Her standing this close to me doesn't make it better either. "It doesn't?" She asks stroking it.

"I promise I got you tonight. Whatever you want." She whispers in my ear. "You gone leave me like this?"

"No but it has to be quick. So I'm not staying down here all day." I start smiling. Milan doesn't always give head, I wish she did but she doesn't. "Shit."

--------

After showering I walk downstairs. "Baby it's alright, we'll get through this." I hear Drew whispering. What has he done to Jae now. Why didn't Jae go with Milan and Amber. Andrew this isn't going to work. We have to get out of here." That peeked my senses up. What does she mean? Where the hell they going? "Baby we're all going to be back in America soon. I promise."

"You been saying that shit Drew."

"I know baby but it's really happening."

I grab a piece of fruit and walk back upstairs. "Daddy. Where's mommy?" Armani asks. "She went out with auntie Amber."

"Was the man following them?" She asks. "What man Armani?"

"It was guy following us the other day when we went to see grandma."

"Why you ain't say nothing?" I say louder than I wanted to.

"I thought he was one of your friends." She says about to tear up. "I'm sorry for yelling. Bring me my phone." She gets out of the bed and grabs it. "That's the man!" She yells. I rush over to the window and see a guy walking though the yard. "Who the fuck."

I reach out for my pistol and open the balcony door. "Aye who the hell are you?" I look down and see Micah. "Armani go in your room and don't come out until I say so."

I turn around but Armani is already gone. I watch Drew walk out the door next to Micah. "Go away."

"Armani!" The guy grabs her. I run down the steps and out the door. Micah and Drew have guns pointed on the guy. "You got one second to let her go."

"Or I have many and you walk out of here alive."

"Hello August." Fuck. I turn around and see Kertury. "Did you think I wouldn't find you?" She asks. "I should've killed you a long time ago."

"Yes you should have. I agree. But you lost that chance and now it's my turn love."

"Daddy!" My heart drops hearing scream. "Let her go."

"That would take all the fun away." Kertury says. "Do you know where my niece and nephew are August?" I stand there and look at her. "Answer me!"

"What the fuck you need to know? You ain't getting them."

"That's where you're wrong. I already got them. I'm sure Maya would love to be reunited with her children."

"Kertury what's the point in all of this?"

"You know why."

"Aug." Drew whispers. I glance over. He looks up. I look up and see Jae locked and loaded. I aim at the guy. "You sure you want to do this August?" Kertury asks. "Yes." POW! The guy goes down. I look back and see Kertury running but she's bleeding.

I walk over to the guy. "Armani... Get up." She looks up at me laying shaking. "Come on baby girl." The guy reaches up, I shot him again.

I pick Armani up off the ground and walk over to Micah and Drew. "I need to see about her. Get someone to clean this up. Figure out how the hell they got back here."

Armani clings to my body. "Daddy why did you kill him?"

"He was a bad man."

"Was he going to hurt me?"

"I don't know baby. I didn't want to find out either. Are you okay?"

"I'm scared."

"Daddy is scared too."

"Why are you scared? Of the man too." Armani asks. "That man isn't going to be bothering us anymore."

"Are you sure?"

"I promise. If anyone else comes daddy will take care of it."

"Will you kill them?"

"It's possible." I'm sure if her mother was here right now she'll be cussing me out for being bluntly honest with our five year old daughter. Armani isn't a fool by far she knows what goes on. "Does mommy kill people too?"

"No just daddy. But don't tell mommy about this or she might put daddy in pain." Armani laughs. "I won't."

Jae walks downstairs to meet up with Drew and Micah. "Milan doesn't know a thing." Micah laughs, "You scared of her more than that situation."

"Hell yeah. I knew Armani was gone be good. Kertury is all talk. Milan though, I can't risk it."

"We got some guys at the fronts of the island who'll see Kertury off. I don't think this is our last time seeing her though."

"It's not and we need to move quickly."

"Were leaving?" Jae asks. "I told you that." Drew says. "We leave tomorrow."

"Tonight?!? How am I supposed to pack all my stuff up in 24 hours?" She yells. "Baby calm down." Drew says. "We'll come back after all is said and done. Take the necessities."