chapter twenty three

Milan

We walk inside a cabin not too far from the house. An older women walks out. "Finally! Hi!" She hugs me and then Armani. "Ma this is the love of my life Milan and our daughter Princess Armani."

"It's so nice to finally meet you two." She smiles. "Kenya! Kendrick!" She yells. Two older children walk from the back. "What's up kids?" They hug him and just stare at me and Armani. "How old are they?"Armani asks. "Twelve." They say in unison. August is 28 that would make his ass sixteen.

I mentally roll my eyes looking at August. I married a thot. "Come lets sit. I made breakfast." August mother says. Armani grabs Kenya's and Kendrick's hand and follows her grandmother. "They look like you."

"Think so?" August asks sitting his arm around my shoulder. "Know so baby. They don't look like Kertury."

"Well..."

I stop walking and turn to him, "Well what August?"

"Don't get mad."

"Too late."

"Kertury isn't their mother."

I shake my head. I don't have time to walk around mad today. It's always something man. "Save it. Now isn't the time." Who the fuck is their mother then?

-----
Sitting here in the living room, watching him interact with his children I'm not even mad. I can't blame them, or him. He was young and stupid as hell. It's just so frustrating when I'm left in the dark about shit after we've clearly spoke on this shit.

I guess if the roles were reversed its shit I wouldn't speak on too. I just really hate not knowing and I trust him I really do. I guess this is the way things will be until we're back home living a normal as life. I hope that's the way it'll be anyway.

Maybe then we can work on a child. My little girl is growing up so fast and I miss that feeling of holding your child for the first time. Cuddling them in your arms and seeing the pureness in their eyes.

"Hey mommy." Armani says standing in between my legs. "Hey Princess."

"So Kenya said she's has some dolls to give me."

"That's nice of her. Did you say thank you?"

"Yes I did. Kendrick said he's my big brother and Kenya's my sister. Is that true?" She questions. "Yes it is baby girl."

"So are they coming to live with us?" I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not sure about that baby, maybe."

She smiles and then runs off to her big brother and sister. Funny how it's changed. She's the baby now and I'm 28 with two step children. What the fuck?

----

"Baby." August says walking inside the living room. "Yes?"

"Can we talk?"

"I guess." I get up and follow him outside to the patio. "What's up?"

"About the kids... It wasn't Kertury who I slept with that night."

"Well who was it August?"

"Her sister, Maya."

I scrunch my face up. "Niggaaaaaa."

He laughs but straightens his face up, "Man I thought I slept with Kertury but apparently not."

"You're a thot."

He laughs, "Shut up. I was back then though." I shake my head. "I guess August."

"Baby on a real note it's a lot of shit you don't know. I don't want you to feel like I'm being secretive or anything but trust me. You'll know in due time."

I sigh but I understand. Most girls would've been left but it's only certain things you understand when you go through this type of life. As much as you hate it no matter what you'll stand by your man. I'm stuck rolling with however the dice rolls.

"Okay. But what are we going to do about Kenya and Kendrick? Why do you have them in that lil ass cabin."

"I didn't know how you'd take them so that's where they were."

"Baby you should never whether I like the shit or not, I'm always down. Sure I may be mad and try to kill you in your sleep but I'm riding with you no matter what."

"I knew you was crazy." We both laugh. "You wouldn't mind them staying here?" He asks. "Hell no. This house is big enough for twenty more families. I like that Armani has a big brother and sister." He smiles, "Would you mind them coming back to the states with us?"

"Nope.... Maybe then we could work on giving our children a little sister or brother."

"Baby you already know I'm down for that shit. We can start now if you like." I sit my glass down, "Come here."

As he walks over to me his phone starts ringing. "Speak." He says... "What?... Where.. Damn... Alright ." He slams his phone down.

"What happen?"

"My sister overdosed. I gotta go check on her."

"Sister?" I question. When did a sister gets in the picture? "Her name is Karema. You'll meet her if she's still alive."

"Um okay."

He kisses my lips, "I'll be back."

"Be safe August."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too."

I walk up the stairs and into our room. "Ma what are you doing?" Armani asks now walking beside me. "Nothing what are you doing?"

"Going with you to you and daddy room. Can we watch a movie?"

"Sure. What are we watching?"

"A princess movie."

We sit on the bed as the movie begins to play. I can't help but feel an uneasiness when I think about our future. I'm happy to be going back home soon but something just doesn't feel right. I'll just be happy when all of this is over and we can live stress and worry free.

"How did you like meeting your sister and brother?" I ask Armani. "It was fun. Are they going to live with us?"

"Maybe."

"I want them too. I wouldn't be so alone then."

"We'll see." The bedroom door opens and Amber walks in. "Micah left too?" I ask. "Yup." Amber says sitting on the bed. "Where auntie Jae?" Armani asks. "She's in her room sleeping." Amber answers. My phone lights up. "Hello?"

"Milan- shhhh- " I get up, "Nisha... hello?"

"What's that about?" Amber asks. "I don't know the call wasn't clear. I hope everything's good." I text August and tell him to see what's going on.

-----

"Milan." I sit up and wipe my eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's 3 in the morning. I just got off the phone and I ain't got good news." My heart drops, "What?" I ask. "Nisha got shot."

"WHAT! How? Why?"

"I ain't sure but I got some people looking into."

"Damn man when this shit gone stop."

He sighs, "Soon enough. We're going back earlier than expecting."