chapter six

"Milan what are you doing?" I toss and turn laying there. "I don't know." I mumble. Banging on the door wakes me. "Who the fuck?" I tuck my tiny pistol away and walk down the stairs. "Don't go down there. She's lying." Clearly I have security working for no damn reason! I snatch the door open to see a women standing there. "So nice to finally meet you." She says extending her hand. I look down and back up at her, now she's pregnant. "He makes an amazing father you know." My blood begins to boil. As I go to slam the door she walks on. Before I can reach for my pistol she has a hold on me. "He's Mine now Milan." She smiles. "You can have him." Her smile drops. "It's no fun when you just let me have him... Although you've really already done that. Trust me it took a lot of work but I finally have him where I want him and soon I'll have you where I want you too. Catch me if you can hoe."

I wake up. Anger rages through me. "How could you do this to me August?" I ask aloud. His absence and then those pictures... I just can't believe any of that would even come close.

"Milan you okay?" Nisha asks walking into my room. Not able to wipe my face in time before she cuts the light on. "You okay?" She asks sitting beside me. "Nisha I can't even between to answer that."

"What's wrong?" I shake my head. "It's nothing." She sucks her teeth, "Milan. You don't cry. Try that shit again." I chuckle, "Man it's so much shit Nisha and clearly I don't know who the hell I can trust."

"Milan don't insult me in my face!"

I sigh, I know I can trust Nisha. "Man my bad but girl shit is ridiculous. Let me just say this and get your input on it."

"Go for it."

"The Feds have been watching." I laugh, "From a real close view. They're also searching for Kertury." She nods her head. "Damn go on." She says. "They have a lot on me and August.. Whether I help them determines if it's used or not. If I don't help them they'll use all that they have against me. If I do help them they'll forget everything but I'll be going against everything I believe in."

"Okay so what's the problem?" She asks. "If I agree to help them and give them Cartier I'll be breaking every vow and I love you I've said to August. The only way to gain what I need... I'll have to make Cartier fall in love with me."

"Damn."

I grab the picture I took last night from my jean pocket. "Look at this shit." I pass her the picture. "Whoa!" I roll my eyes. "I swear I'm clocking his ass as soon as I kill her ass. All on this bird looking bitch."

"Maybe it's not really what it seems." I shrug, "I'm sure it's not but this shit isn't okay."

"So what you gone do?"

"I don't know. Either way they searching for them. If I give them Cartier Kertury is mine. If not then well I'll be gone ."

"Milan!" Amber bust into the room. "What's wrong?" She smiles, "Micah just called me. They're fine!" I side eye. "Where the hell are they?" I ask reaching for my phone. "He couldn't say but he just wanted to let us know they're okay." I don't see anything from August. "Are you sure that was them?" I ask really skeptical of the entire situation."

It's a knock on the door. "I'll get it." Nisha says getting up. "What else did he say?" I ask. "They'll be home soon." She smiles happily. Nisha walks back in and passes me an envelope. I open it up and see pictures. I dump them out on the bed. "What the hell?" My heart stops beating for a second. My mouth becomes dry and a knot forms in my throat.

"Milan..." I shake my head getting up to walk out of the room. "Amber call Micah back." She pulls out her phone and dials the number. "It says it's unavailable." It's another knock on the door. Feelings of Rage, Anger, and Betrayal along with confusion are all hitting me at once. "I can't do this."

I grab the picture and go downstairs to open the door. "Are you Milan?" The woman asks. "Who wants to know?" I see Cartier pulling into the driveway. "I'm Aliyah. An old friend of your husband and his baby mama Jakira." I eye the girl. "Excuse me?"

She smiles, "Here." She passes her card. Who is she investigating? "Who sent you here?" I need to know who has a private investigator looking into shit. "She was my sister." I roll my eyes. Is she seriously doing this?

Cartier walks up. "What's up?" He asks eying the woman then me. "Now isn't the best time for this." I say to the woman. "Okay, please give me a call when you're available." She smiles. "Mhm."

Cartier walks inside. I glance over and see him peeking down at me. "What's that?" He asks grabbing the picture. "Cartier give it back." He laughs. "Knew your height would fail you one day." I roll my eyes. "Can I get my picture back?" He smiles.

"I'm not in the damn mood to be playing nigga." I scold. This is too much shit at one time. I can't believe anything anymore. Like shit I'm worried about him actually making it home and he's out doing whatever the fuck he wants. Those close to me are fucking agents and I have the task of deciding whether to make this nigga fall in love or not. There is no telling how this shit is about to cut out.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks with a more serious look on his face. "Look at the fucking picture." I say almost in tears. How could he do this shit?

"Who's this?" He asks. "Oh... Oh shit. Kertury's pregnant."