chapter eighteen

August

"What's up Jae? Drew I need to speak to you." Jae looks like she could kill me making Andrew get up. "He'll be back girl." She laughs shaking her head.

We walk downstairs. "Whats up bruh?" Andrew asks. "Hold up." I stand there leaning on the wall waiting for Micah to come down. "What's good?" Micah says finally walking down the stairs. "So I know Amber was telling Milan they 'pose to be going out tonight and I think we should go with them."

"What about Armani and Micai?"

"Rosa will watch them."

"I'm down." Drew says. "I guess I am too." Micah responds shrugging his shoulders. "Cool."

I walk back up to the room and see Milan standing in the mirror. "You're beautiful." She smiles looking up at me. "Thank you."

"So me and the guys talked it over, we're coming with y'all."

"What about the kids?" She asks pining her hair. "Rosa will watch them for the night."

"Hmmm. Okay. So I get to be Milan Santiago tonight?"

"You get to be Milan my wife tonight." She laughs, "That's what I am every night anyway."

"Ain't shit changing just because we're going out." I wrap my arms around her. "Aug you're about to get burnt." She says. "I'm just letting you know what's up girl." She smiles. "Alright I got it. Now move."

I back up and walk into the room and over to the closet. I need to find something to wear. "Daddy where you going?" Armani asks walking inside the room. I swear looking at her sometimes I see Prince and Duchess. "We going out tonight. Ms. Rosa gone watch you and Micai."

"So what will we do?" She asks following me inside the closet. "I don't know. Watching movies or something. You have to ask Ms. Rosa." I pick up a white shirt. "Oh okay." She says walking out of the closet I assume to go talk to her mother.

"Aug.. August.." Milan asks from the mirror in the bathroom.

"What Milan?"

"What color are you wearing?"

"Probably white."

"Get my white dress off the hanger and sit my gold red bottoms out."

"Girl I don't know the difference between this shit." I mumble stepping to her side of the closet. "Milan you got more than one white dress. Which one you want?"

"Whichever one you like is fine baby." I Sigh looking at each dress. Why the fuck is all this shit so short? I pick the less short one of them all and walk out the closet. "It's on the bed. You got too many shoes for me so you gotta come get them out yourself."

"Baby the red bottoms are on at the top of the closet not the bottom. They should be the only pair up there." I walk back in the closet and see the box. I grab the shoes, my attire for tonight, and leave out. "Thanks baby." Milan says walking out. "Sure love."

"See you later mommy." Armani says walking out the bathroom. "We're going to see you before we leave Armani." Milan says. "Okay." Armani shuts our bedroom door. "What made y'all want to come out with us?" Milan asks throwing her shirt over her head.

I glance over at her and walk inside the closet. "Just because." I respond grabbing my shoes. "Oh."

Once we're dressed and told Armani and Micai good night, we leave out.

"This club better be turnt!" Jaelyn says. "I heard it was. Do you think all these people would be standing out here for no reason?" Amber says walking up the to bouncer. Damn. I was thinking this was just some janky shit but it's just like back home. The bouncer let's us right on in and we proceed to the top of the club.

"These niggas lit as fuck." Drew says. "Hell yeah. We should've been came out. I can get down with this." Jaelyn says dancing to the music. "Hell yeah. This is lit." Amber says. We finally reach the top. "What you thinking baby?" I ask Milan sitting my arm around her shoulders. "It's cool." She shrugs.

"I'll get us some shots." Micah says walking over to the bar. "Hookah miss?" A man asks Amber. "Yes. Can we get a bottle as well?" The guy nods his head. "Yes. Mr. Williams has taken care of everything." He says before walking off.

"Who's Mr. Williams?" I ask as we sit down. "The owner. Micah met him a while back." Micah ain't never told me about a Williams. Milan moves down on the sofa a little. I looks over at her. It's something off about her. I just can't place what it is.

"Shots for everybody!" Micah says coming over with a tray. I pass Milan one and grab one for myself. "To life, wealth and health, and these bad ass women beside us." I'll toast to that shit. We take down shot after shot until they're empty.

The bottles is popped and the hookah is going. Shit is feeling just like old ass times right now. "Milan." She looks over at me as I nod my head signaling her to come closer. "What's up thug?" I smile hearing that nickname. "What's good baby? You straight?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Feeling good as hell."

She laughs, "I see. Walk with me." She says getting up. I get up and follow behind her. We walk down the steps to the bathroom. "Is this what you wanted me to do?" I ask her. "Yeah hold my bag." I laugh shaking my head watching the door.

"August?" I look up and see this girl. "I know you?" I ask. "It's me Meyosha." She says walking up to me. Her hands caress my face. The touch feels so familiar. "Who are you?" A smirk appears across her face. "You know me August." Maybe my ass had one too many drinks.

"I don't know no fucking Meyosha." I push her hand down. She laughs, "I know you baby boy. I know your wife too. Kertury is always watching."

"Relay a message to her for me. Fuck off before I kill her ass."

"I do believe she isn't afraid August. You should've killed her when you had the chance."

"Who is this?" Milan asks sitting her hand on my shoulder. "Thanks for picking up my bag August." Meyosha says then walks off.

"Ready to go back and join the crew?" I ask. "Who was that and how does she know your name?" Milan asks as we walk back up. "Some girl.."

"Okay August. That answers half of my question."

"Baby it's not important."

She rolls her eyes, "Alright then."

----

We arrive back to the house after a fun night. I can't wait to get in the fucking bed. "August unzip this for me." Milan says after coming in from checking on Armani.

"I'm just August now huh?" I ask walking over to her. "Mhm." I unzip her dress and sit back on the bed. "I told you it was nothing Milan."

"How long have you known me? I don't accept it was nothing as an answer because it's always something."

"Baby forreal it's nothing."

"I'm not about to put up being lied too. Good night." She grabs her clothes and walks out of the room. I sigh leaning back on the bed.

"And you weren't even trying to bring my ass back in here!"

I chuckle, "Milan get your ass in the damn bed."

"No. Tell me what's going on."

"Baby...- look lets compromise."

She rolls her eyes, "How?"

"In due time I'll tell you everything."

"And what do you want from me?"

"The truth about you and Cartier."

Her eyes widen as she stares at me. "What night?"

"I didn't say a night Milan but I think it's best you tell what I already know."