chapter twenty eight

August

I don't know where she's coming with out leaving the game shit. She threw out an ultimatum as if I'm gone let her leave me. She's out her damn mind and somebody better help her find it.

"What can I get you?" The guy asks. "Surprise me." I answer. "Man have you lost your damn mind?" Trey asks sitting beside me. "She sent you here?"

"Nah nigga but she's mad you left like that. The Spanish Milan came out." I chuckle, "She wants out but I ain't ready to leave yet."

"What's gone be best for all of y'all?"

"At this point I don't know man." I could do some legit shit with Trenton but I don't know about all of that.

"Just think on that and see what's gone be better."

We finish up our drinks and head back to their crib. I walk up to the room and see Armani knocked out and Milan standing in the mirror doing something. I toss my jacket to the side and throw my shirt off walking into the bathroom. A nigga just need a good night of sleep.

After showering I walk into the guest room down the hall. I lay there thinking what will be best for us. We've already been through so much dealing with trapping since day one. Niggas I trusted with my life turned dirty. Everybody has been plotting and going against us. I get Milan's point but shit we've been doing this for so long.

I pull out my phone. "Aye man what's up?"

"What's popping Chop?"

"Nothing much boss man. How things going for ya? We been missing y'all around these parks."

"Yeah it's been a while. Things are cool here. Well back on the side soon hopefully. How you and Kera been?"

"Good. We finally got married a couple of months ago."

"You finally wifed her up." He chuckles, "Man I had to. She been down for me since day one through all my craziness ass. Them the ones you can't let get away."

"You right."

After catching up with him and running things by him he kind of put things into perspective for me. We just gone have to compromise me on this shit, that way we'll both be happy. I just hope Milan is willing to go through with that and ain't just stuck on doing whatever she wants to do.

I know I put her through so much shit being gone for so long, Prince and Duchess being killed, and everything else. It ain't only been crazy for her, me too. The Feds had so much shit on us and after talking to Governor Nixon it's clear this shit is way bigger than us. If following their plan means I get to roam free and take care of my family then I'm with that shit. It makes my life a whole lot more easier not worrying about the law.

---------------------

"Daddy time for breakfast." Armani says shaking me. She wasn't shaking me gently either. "Alight I'll be down soon." I mumble rolling over.

I get out of the bed and walk into the bedroom. Milan glances at at me. "Bae can we talk real quick?" She asks. "Sure." I sit on the edge of the bed. "What's up?" I ask.

"About what I said last night... I really need you to think about it long and hard forreal. I can't keep going through this. I just want us to be a happy family, all of us together with nothing coming between us."

"Milan I get that baby. I know throughout these years we both had our moments were we ready to let this shit go but we had to look at bigger picture. Just because we were going through shit at a moment and it made us say fuck this shit we had to push through it."

"But August how much more shit needs to happen? You've been shot, I've been shot, do I even need to talk about the children? The fucking Feds have been around us this entire time. We're only clear from that because Rakita or whatever her name is pulled some strings and cleared us. Whose to say we won't be pulled back into that shit?"

I get up and walk over to her. "Look, I promise ain't shit else gone happen believe that. You let me worry about us being secured from all that shit. Just give me some time to setup and take care of some things and then we're good to be done."

"Done done?" She asks.

"Yeah."

"Alright August... Where did you sleep last night?"

"Guest room. I needed to think."

"It's time to eat." Armani reminds us. We both laugh, "Okay." Milan answers her. 

We walk downstairs. "What's up y'all?"

"Good morning."

We eat breakfast together then I head upstairs to get dressed. I got a couple of things I need to get done today. "Milan."

"What?" She answers. What? "Get dressed." She walks into the bedroom. "Where we going?" "Get just dressed."

"August." I look at ceiling then look at her. She laughs, "Don't do all that. Where we going? Is Armani coming with us?"

"We going out and nah this ain't family trip."

"Alright then daddy. You know she's going to be mad."

"Her mama won't."

Milan raises her eyebrows. "She won't huh?"

"No not at all. Hurry up so we can go."

-----------

We ride out the city and over to a warehouse. "August what's here?"

"You'll see." We get out the car and head inside. We walk into a back room and see a few men tied up to some chairs"Who are they?" She asks staring long and hard. I look up and wave them down.

Nisha and Chop walk through the door. "Oh my God what are y'all doing here?" Milan hugs Nisha then Chop. "Getting back at the niggas who did the family dirty." Chop says. Milan looks at me, "Who are they?"

"These are the niggas who showed up at the house right before you came to the island." It hits her instantly and I can see the fire ignite in her eyes. "Let me see your gun." I smile proudly passing her the gun. This is the Milan I know.