chapter twenty seven

Milan

The last 48 hours have been wild. That whole ordeal with the Feds has me shook. I couldn't stop thinking about what if I couldn't see Armani again or August. The story they sold me had me convinced. I just can't believe we had so many damn snakes around us and never knew.

"Morning." Trey says as I get to the bottom of the stairs. "Good morning. Where's August?"

"He left out earlier. Tesha has breakfast cooked." I walk into the kitchen and see she has an entire spread of food. "You feeding an army ain't you?" She laughs. "I didn't really remember what you all like so I made some of everything."

"That's sweet of you."

"You know it's not a problem."

"So, have you spoken to Aliyah lately?" I ask pouring some juice. "Not really since the divorce with her and Chris she got ghost."

"Crazy how that happened. I couldn't believe it when August told me."

"I know... It feels good have us back together again."

"Agreed. Now if I could figure out what's going on, what's next."

"You're done?" Latesha asks looking my way. "I want to be but I don't know how easy it'll be. What's Milan and August without trapping? It just puts too much of a risk. Two of my children died from this shit. August has family that you have to side eye the fuck out of. The people closest to you are the main one playing a role, plotting and scheming against you. It's just a bit much for me."

"You gotta do what's best for you and the family Milan."

"You're right."

The front door opens and I hear August laughing. "What's up baby? Look who I found." August says with Chris coming through behind him. August walks over and places a kiss on my forehead. "Hey.. Chris."

"Milan." Chris says back in the same tone. You would think after all this time we would've let this grudge go but I guess not. "Where did you go?" I turn to August. "Just had to handle a few things."

"Such as?"

"I'll tell you later."

"This nigga Breezy." Trey says walking into the kitchen. "What's up boy? Nice crib."

"You know we don't nothing but the best. How you living? How's ball?"

"Everything is kosher my nigga."

"How did you end up in this neck of the woods?" Latesha asks. "I was visiting an old friend and ran into August." Chris says. "Mhm well it's good to see you."

After eating breakfast I retreat back to the bedroom. "Aha. No doubt on that. Catch you later woe." August walks in the room and shuts the door. "We have a meeting with the governor tonight."

"What?" I ask confused. "It'll all make sense when we get there."

"So what should we wear?"

"Causal I assume."

"So why are meeting the governor?" I ask. "She's a relative of a friend."

----------

We walk inside the building and I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. What does the governor want with us?

"Welcome August and Milan."

"Is that?"

"It's her sister." August says. Wow she looks just like Nisha. "It's nice to finally meet the famous duo." She extends her hand. "It's nice to meet you too." August says. We shake her hand and then take a seat.

"So first let me say I apologize for all the history between us, especially you Milan."

I crack a fake smile. "It's fine. What can we do for you though?" August says. "I have a business proposition for you."

"Such as?" I question. She walks over to the doors and shut them. "I know of the plans you came up with August dealing with my brothers and father. As well as your sister Milan." I roll my eyes at the mention of Shatarah. "You two have a way of getting rid of people very easily without being detected." She says.

"Your point?" I ask growing more and more suspicious by the second. I'm sure she had something to do with us being cleared by the Feds but if she's hinting towards us doing anything crazy we're out.

"I have a dealer that's becoming a pest. He currently controls the entire west side. Now I know you two ran majority of the North and the South before the disruptions of your lives. Take him out and it's your and no one will come after you. I'll make sure of that."

This is what I wanted to get away from not spend the rest of my life doing. "Can we think about it?" August asks. "Sure. Let's do dinner Saturday downtown."

"Cool."

We walk out and head to the car. "What you thinking baby?" August asks. "I don't know August. I'm not so sure about any of this anymore."

"We're talking about the same thing right?"

"Yes August we are. I don't think I'm cut out for this trapping shit anymore."

"The Feds shook you that bad?" He laughs. "No August it's not just that. Prince and Duchess died from this shit. I had to run our shit by myself for years, niggas who are supposed to be family are the main ones plotting. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder, I'm tired of being worried about what  could go wrong when you're out. I'm just tired period. I want to live a normal life with you and Armani. I don't want her to grow up and be exactly like me. I was surrounded by the shit but couldn't do it. I did it anyway now look at me."

I wasn't expecting to get all of that off my chest but I had to get it out. "Where is all of this coming from? We started this and shit got twisted when I left. Now we're here. We'll be able to regain up what we lost."

"Did you hear anything I did? I'm worried about us and our family. You're worried about fucking money and territory. Get the fuck outta here. Are you August or Andrew right now? Did they swap y'all asses in the cell or something?"

"I'm thinking about our family too. We ain't about to be staying with Trey them for forever. We need our own."

"We have money August."

"Okay Milan. We leave the game and then do what? Get a 9 to 5? Go work in someone's office and make less than half a year what we'll get in a day.." He says. We pull into the driveway. "If you take the deal this will be the last thing me and you ever do. You'll be on your own and by yourself with trapping and this marriage."