chapter twelve

Nisha walks inside the house after being gone for three days. "Had fun?" I ask chopping some onions. "A lot of it actually." I laugh, "Cool. So I had a question." I say wiping my hands. "What's up?"

"Remember when you told me you over heard Ace saying that I wouldn't get close to Cartier if August wasn't out the picture?" She nods her head yes. "Do you recall him saying who he was talking to or anything?"

"No I don't, that's really the only thing I heard."

"Okay."

"Why you ask?"

"Just was curious." Is all I say and get back to cooking. "Milan where's the batteries for this thing?" Cartier asks. I kind of broke the alarm system after snatching it off the wall. I mean what's the point of having it if people are going to get let in anyway. Them dumbass security guards of mine actually listened to that bitch. She told them she was a friend of mine, we went to school together, and she wanted to stop by and say hello. Them niggas knew good and well one we weren't home and two that hoe will never be a friend of mine.

They claim to have called Ace and asked if it was cool and he supposedly gave the okay. He's becoming real questionable. Ace was someone I could trust with my life but now hell no. I really don't even want him in my house. He wasn't talked to his job when Nisha heard him like I assumed. If Shatarah nosey ass ain't know about the divorce he couldn't have been speaking to them. The question now is who was it? He very well could be working for the enemy and at this point I'm not sure who that could be.

"I don't know where any batteries. Why are you trying to put it back up?"

"I feel comfortable having an alarm system up. Don't get mad at the thing when your security the ones slipping and shit." He mumbles that last part but I heard him. "What? If it's the case of an intruder you need time to draw your weapon or something? That's that rookie shit."

"Milan Santiago or whatever the hell your last name is, don't try me on some amateur shit." I laugh, "Damn that made you big mad or lil mad?"

"Does this make you big mad or lil mad?" He asks as he lift my ass to the ceiling with one hand. "Cartier put me down."

"I'm gluing you up there." I laugh, "The fuck ever.. Why the hell you hand tall enough to reach this ceiling anyway, giant ass."

"You talk a lot of shit for someone who could just fall straight to the floor if I move my hand."

"I would kill you and then chop your body up into tiny pieces after I sell your organs. Pack the rest of you up in a nice lil pickle jar and send it to your mother."

He laughs, "You so fucking disrespectful." I smirk while still in the damn air.

He acts like he's going to move his hand but I grab it. "Stop playing and let me down."

"What's the magic word?"

"Them onions are about to be burnt rather than caramelized."

"Nope." He says moving the pan to the back eye. "Please Cartier." I say rolling my eyes. "That's more like it."

He places me back down on the ground. "You play entirely too much." I say grabbing my pan and moving it back to eye I had it on. "Mhm." He says before walking out the kitchen. "Knock knock." Amber says walking inside the house. "Milan." Micai says running over to me. "Hey boo. I've missed you."

"Miss you." He says back before running off upstairs. "Girl something smells good." Amber says walking inside the kitchen. "Cooking up a lil some. How you been?"

"On cloud 9. Micai is loving every second with his father and so am I. Cai had to come back and see his woes though." I laugh, "They've been asking about him and you.. Armani thought you went away."

"Aww. We'll have to come visit more often. We need did kind of just dip." I laugh, "Yeah but it's cool girl. I understand."

"So I saw Chris and Aaliyah on the tv the other night. They had a game here. I just knew I would've saw you and the kids with them."

"Girl me and Chris aren't speaking and Aliyah is probably just following suit with her man. I have a question though."

"Shoot boo."

"Have you even seen Kertury?"

"Once about two weeks ago. Micah had to take something to August."

"Hm. Do you know why he's marrying her?"

She gasps, "What?" She doesn't know. This shit is ridiculous. Everyone knows bits and pieces of shit but never the entire thing. "Yeah that's why he divorced me." It still hurts to say that shit. Who knew that would ever be coming out of my mouth. "I knew he divorced you because she made him-"

Bingo. I knew good and well he would've done shit on his own. I guess I've known in the back of my mind all along but to actually hear it does me a world of good. But what could be so horrific to make him actually fall through with it.

"Im sorry because she made him what?" I ask. "She has something on him. Micah doesn't know. It was never spoken of while I was there. No one knows but her and August. I didn't know shit was like that. How the hell is she marrying him when she has a boyfriend?"

"Is his name Vic?"

"Maybe, I don't know."

I breathe out deeply, I'm mentally preparing myself for my next question. "Is she really carrying August's child?"

She laughs, like I just said the funniest shit ever. This shit is not humorous at all. She looks at me. "Bitch you were serious?"

"Does the look on my face tell you that was a joke?"

"Milan. Hell no. That's her boyfriend's child she carrying. I would've chopped his ass in the throat if that was the case, following the rules or not."

"What rules?" I question but then her phone starts ringing. "That's Micah probably letting me know he's outside. I'll come by tomorrow and spend the day with you guys." She says answering. "Yes Bae?... Here we come... Micai! Let's go love."

"Mommy." Micai whines. "We're coming back tomorrow. Daddy is waiting for us in the car." As they leave out the house Ace walks in. I could shoot his ass myself. "What's up Boss?" He asks.

"Hey Ace."

"Guess who I talked too." He says. "Who?" I respond not bothering to look up from my, now finished, meal. "Niya. Her and the baby. Well she's not really a baby anymore." I fake a smile, "That's cool. Tell her I said hello next time."

"I will. I talked to Kera too, Chop should be home soon."

"Yeah I know I talked to her the other day."

"Do you think you could come in and help me around until Chop gets on his feet good again?"

Hell no nigga. Fuck you thought. "I can't with the kids and all. Why not get Dobson or Cato to help?" He eyes me carefully. "I didn't think of that." He says.

Cartier walks back in the kitchen. "What's up?" He says leaning against the fridge. "What's up?" Ace says back. After silence takes over the room, ace grabs his keys and proceeds to head out the door. "I'll call you later Milan."

"Okay."

The door shuts. "Grab the plates." I say grabbing the pan of chicken and take it to the table. As Cartier grabs the plates I walk up the stairs to get my babies. "Let's eat." Armani hops up and so does Prince. I look over at Duchess and walk to her. "Wake up baby girl. Time for eat, eat." Picking her up I see she's not breathing. "CALL 911!!!!"