What If I Love You?

Note: I am so sorry for doing this again, but you will thank me in the future. Are you guys ready to find out every answer to my mysterious twists? Let me just say this will be the real start of me unveiling the truth.

"Jingyu!"

How can someone stand still when his once worst enemy confessed right in front of his face. He felt his feet sink into the ground and like the sandy desert, Jingyu's throat gone desperately dry. He doesn't know how to react to the most shocking short few words he has ever heard.

"I said, what If I LOVE YOU?" Wei Zhou pronounced every word slowly. It didn't help Jingyu's confused mind which has already stopped functioning. The hand on his shoulder felt like a 4 pounds sack of rice.

"Focus!" Jingyu stood still without even blinking nor breathing. He felt like he was sucked into a black hole at the very back of his mind. He felt like he was slowly turning into stone because he couldn't feel the air hitting his face anymore. His senses shut down and Wei Zhou knew it.

"Shit..." Wei Zhou face-palmed himself realizing what he has done. They were lucky because everyone left the scene already. So, Wei Zhou's loud voice didn't attract any more rumors for people to spread out.

"I don't love you." Well, that wasn't supposed to affect Jingyu but it did. It felt like someone stabbed his heart with a giant Sword. He wanted to keep his expression calm but he felt his eyes become blurry.

"No that's not what I meant..." Jingyu felt a bitter sensation at the very tip of his tongue. His face hardened but he then became confused. Wei Zhou was showing so much emotions that he doesn't know if he was lying or he was just messing with him.

"So you do love me...?" Jingyu felt his heart beating out of his own ribcage. He wanted to punch his own heart for acting this way but his brain was also overthinking things. He was truly nervous and no matter which side he would take, his brain and heart were on the same page.

"No, I don't love you..."Wei Zhou gave out this straight and clear answer. Jingyu was so focused on his words that he didn't look directly at Wei Zhou's eyes. If only they would look straight at each other's eyes then maybe they would understand what the latter is truly saying.

"Ok, I get it." Jingyu grabbed Wei Zhou's hands and he roughly removed it from his shoulder. He was not confused anymore and he knew it was coming. Wei Zhou knew he didn't understand the real meaning of his words and he was losing his patience.

"No, you don't!" Wei Zhou grabbed a hold of Jingyu's collar with both of his hands holding him down. When they were faced to face Jingyu saw this very complicated expression on his face.

"Listen carefully..." Wei Zhou was tired but it seemed that he had to tell him word by word. This mess was spiraling into a very big misunderstanding but Wei Zhou knew that they didn't have enough time.

"Do you remember the time we got paired up..." Jingyu was confused because this was not what he expected. He didn't want to change the subject but Wei Zhou's persistent stare made him recall that time.

"We still had something... but the point is, we need to report it today." Jingyu couldn't understand what he said but then he remembered that they weren't that close before. He felt strange recalling that time he wanted to kill Wei Zhou but he also heard something about a report.