An Arrow Through My Heart

NOTE: A lot of throwbacks, so you must really need to read the previous chapters. Expect the unexpected because I really love to make those. Sorry, this is a little bit short because I don't want to give the answer...

"I am sorry to say this but Jingyu, you are sick..." Jingyu felt a little relieved but at the same time worried about whatever illness he has.

I need to find out how to cure this...

I would never accept this terrible faith...

It's been 4 days since I was told what I have...

"Hey! Are you listening?" Wei Zhou was currently with me but this was something different.

"What...? Ahh yeah...can you repeat that again?"

"I said why are you being like this? Are you sick or something?" Jingyu thought about what his doctor told him.

"Uummmm..."

"No...it's different."

"Or maybe I am sick..."

"What?" Wei Zhou immediately looked up to check if he heard it right.

"Eat up. We only have 10 minutes before class starts." Wei Zhou saw that Jingyu's mood changed that's why he let it go and he didn't push that topic any further.

When they were eating nobody said a word not until they were leaving the restaurant. It wasn't awkward. It was just a calm silence. After Jingyu paid for the bill, he excused himself and stood up. Then he immediately tried to look for Yiwa but she was gone.

Where is she...?

Jingyu wanted to ask her something but then he looked at his watch, they've only got 8 minutes before class starts, so he went back to their table.

"Let's go." Jingyu stood up followed by Wei Zhou. Even while they were walking, Wei Zhou didn't utter a word. Even though Jingyu's mind was going crazy with everything that has happened to him.

What happened to me...?

Why can't I stop...?

What should I do to stop this...?

But it feels so right...?

"Jingyu, it's true you can't deny that..."

"Jingyu hear me out..."

"Please Jingyu, I know it's hard but it's the truth..." Mino tried to calm Jingyu down but it didn't work.

"Are you FUCKING KIDDING me?! That will never ever, in a million years happen to me!" Jingyu walked out of Mino's office while slamming the door with so much anger and confusion.

I tried thinking about what he said but I could never accept it.....

But I got curious so I tried to change.

"It's delicious right?" I offered him some candy and yet he doubted me. I didn't expect him to accept it easily but then he said...

"What is this called?" I tried to hide the fact that I was actually happy when he actually took a bite but then everything was ruined.

"ZhouZhou! Hurry up, it's getting late. Let's go home."

That ugly girl showed up and she even had the guts to touch MY Wei Zhou...

Wait...

I meant Wei Zhou with no "My" in it.
That doesn't mean anything...

Luckily, she's a girl so I had no choice but to walk away before I punched that her in the face.

I don't know why but when I saw Wei Zhou talking to that ugly beast...

I felt my heart ache but back then I still denied it...p

I want to try something different that's why I invited Wei Zhou for lunch.

The results were not what I hoped for...

It still didn't answer my questions and worries...

In fact, it only added more questions in my head. Because Yiwa told me that there are 3 people who know the recipe.

Even way back then, all I knew was that all Yiwa ever wanted was to own her dream restaurant. But that was the first time I ever heard her talk about someone else.

Why did she even want to own her restaurant if it was actually for someone else?

Who were those people and especially, why are there only 2...?

What happened back then?

Why can't I remember?

In the pit of my stomach, everything felt off. But today I think it was all worth it because now I know I'm not sick anymore. I'm cured, definitely cured. I can't think of a way to change that.

"Jingyu..." Wei Zhou stopped walking and he was looking at the ground like he was thinking over something.

"What?" Jingyu turned around waiting for Wei Zhou to finally tell him.

"I...ummm...it's just that...."

"I really...umm...I...."

"What I mean is...that I...."

"I just want to tell you...."

"That ummm I..." Wei Zhou can't help but to stutter and stop at every word he makes. Jingyu was still waiting patiently even though he hates people who stutter but Wei Zhou was an exception.

"It's ok. You can tell me next time if..."

"Wait!" Wei Zhou grabbed Jingyu's wrist before he could walk away.

Thump...thump...thump...

What is that...?

Why is my heart beating so loudly?

Oh no, I think it's coming back...

"Jingyu..." Jingyu zoned out but when he heard Wei Zhou calling him he immediately looked up.

"Thank you... For taking me to that place. It was nice." Wei Zhou gave a real smile and he looked like he was glowing.

I felt something stab my heart with a million arrows...

His voice was so soft that it almost made me want to faint...

But that smile takes my breath away...

I would do anything to see that smile every day...

I can't deny it anymore... It's true...

I tried everything but it didn't work...

Mino was right...

I am sick...

Very very sick because...

I think that it will never go away...

"Hey, Jingyu!" When I looked up, I saw Wei Zhou with an intense gaze and then I felt my heart stopped beating.

"Do you love me?"

"What?!"

Important

People get your shit together hahaha. Don't believe and don't get your hopes up because you will be disappointed. But like I said don't believe anything even this. Get ready for the next chapter because it will be a sh*t storm of drama and mystery.

Credits to my reader/editor
《LonelyStarlight》