Cancelled Night

NOTE: Sorry...I didn't update fast enough. I had a lot of school work and I had my finals so I didn't have time. In every late update, I make... except that those chapters will be really long like this one.

When we got back to our dorm, we went our separate ways and Jingyu left. I just brushed it off while fixing my stuff.

I don't know why but after he left, I kept checking the door. Don't get me wrong. I just wanted to ask him something. Minutes passed and he still isn't back. Hours passed and he is still not here.

"Where the hell is he?!" Wei Zhou was currently lying on the bed with his phone in hand. He was checking the door every 5 minutes. He looked out the window and realized it was already dark outside.

Click...

Wei Zhou immediately looked where the door was and behind it was Jingyu with a plastic bag in his hand.
Wei Zhou waited for Jingyu to enter the room before he could ask him something.

"Oh hey..."

"I went to get us dinner."

"The line was too long so I had to wait..." Jingyu began to remove his jacket brushing of the small droplets of water. Wei Zhou didn't realize it was raining and he only replied with a nod.

"Besides, I was just only gone for 30 minutes..." While Jingyu was setting the table, Wei Zhou noticed that Jingyu was right because he was actually gone for only 30 minutes, not what he imagined.

"Come on, let's eat." Wei Zhou didn't complain or hesitate and just took a seat in front of Jingyu.

"Here." Jingyu gave me a pair of chopsticks while also handing me the food. I couldn't remember what it was because I zoned out. I just kept eating but all I know was that it was really delicious.

"So...What is the movie about anyways?" Jingyu tried to make small talk to ease up the awkward tension at the table.

"It's basically about a man falling in love with a girl...but that girl has a boyfriend...that was basically everything I know." Wei Zhou pretended he wasn't interested but actually he has been waiting for this movie for months especially when he first saw the trailer.

"Ohh... Ok." Their conversation ended after Jingyu replied. The awkward atmosphere disappeared but it was just a calming silence. They just ate in silence and didn't speak to each other after that.

After they finished eating, they quickly cleaned up their mess and went straight to bed. At first, they were both hesitating to even sit beside each other. But in the end, they both decided to just lie down beside each other.

"Hey..." Jingyu turned around to look at Wei Zhou who was trying to face him.

"What?"

"Never mind." Jingyu immediately faced the other side while Wei Zhou raised his eyebrow at him. Wei Zhou didn't comment on the way Jingyu was acting so he did the same thing Jingyu did and faced the other side of the bed.

Minutes passed and Wei Zhou was still wide awake. He tried everything like counting sheep but it didn't work. Then he felt the bed moved and he thought he had woken up Jingyu.

"Wei Zhou?" Jingyu was facing Wei Zhou's back trying to look for signs that Wei Zhou was awake. But Wei Zhou didn't reply because he was curious as to what Jingyu would do, so he didn't do anything.

"Are you still awake?" Wei Zhou was about to turn around and face Jingyu but something stopped him.

"I hope nothing happens to you again." Wei Zhou stopped dead in his tracks and waited for Jingyu to speak again.