Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Sunlight seeped through the tiny hotel window and I was forced to pry my eyes open. Squinting and half unconscious I patted the spot beside me for a source of heat. The moment I knew the place where Niall should've been was vacant, my mind went into overdrive.

Where was he? Is he leaving me? Did I murmur something really stupid when I was asleep? Did he realize he didn't love me and was only wasting his time? I swear if that's true, the next time I see him he's going to be sorry. This is no way to break up a girl that you have falling at your feet.

Eventually, male voices rung in my ears. Not even bothering in combing my hair or brushing my teeth, I walked out into the living room? I'm not sure what it's called in a hotel. Anyways, I found four boys sitting around the table eating a mountain of food. But among those four boys mine wasn't present.

However seeing those boots sent a wash of relief through me. If Niall wanted to leave me, why would the boys still be here? Doesn't that ruin the whole concept of the breakup by ditching her thing?

"Hey guys, where’s Niall," my morning voice croaked.

"The sleeping beauty has awakened," Harry announced.

"Took her long enough," Louis grumbled.

"Hey, it's only..." I trailed off as I was oblivious to the current time.

Zayn supplied the missing digits, "2:48 p.m.?"

"Yeah! It's only 2:48 p... Ohh, maybe that is late." All of them gave me a smug look. "Oh give me a break. I haven't slept that well in a long while. So where is he?"

"Say anything more and we would've started to think you were getting a clingy, Jessa," Zayn said.

"You're supposed to be the good guy! You and Liam! It's Harry and Louis who are full of malice. And I am not clingy."

Just as Zayn, Harry and Louis opened their mouth probably about to say something snarky, Liam's voice spoke, "Well, thank you, Jessa. Niall just went out to get some food."

"Oh...okay. Wait food?! But you guys have as much food as the Capitol has in the hunger games!"

"Uhmm is that way of calling us fat or just greedy," Harry inquired.

"Both! Okay, well I mean, what other kind of food would you like?"

"Oh, honey, everything! Especially carrots," Louis exclaimed. Randomly, he waved Hus hand and pinched his nose, "Jessa, you've got to brush your teeth. Morning breath is not very attractive." My mouth fell open in shock, he did not just say that. "Jessa! Close your mouth. You don't want to rot everyone to death, do you?"

Surprisingly, my jaw locked shut. Why are you listening to him?  A voice shouted in my head. Because I didn't brush my teeth! I retorted.