Chapter 5

Chapter Five

Jessa's POV

As I continued to stare daggers at Megan, Harry asked a question I should've seen coming, " Why do you hate One Direction?"

I shrugged unsure of what to say. All three pairs of eyes stared at me waiting for me to respond. What was I suppose to say? I just don't like it? I replied, " I don't know, I just do."

" That's BS. You've been avoiding the question every time someone asks you. There's got to be a legitimate reason." Megan disagreed.

It was worth a shot, " You're not my genre. Plus boy bands are just..." I trailed off.

" What's wrong with boy bands?" Harry asked. The waiter came with our drinks and food.

" What's wrong with girl bands? No matter who's at the top, if there's a boy band the girls go crazy and the band fly through the charts. Everyone works their way through the charts yet all you guys have to do is sing a song someone ELSE wrote and you're the most lovable people on earth. It's amazing what fans can do but it seems to be happening to a lot of boy bands. I hypothesis that this will be happening for a while to all boy bands until someone knocks some sense in peoples brain. And that is why I dislike One Direction." I huffed. I saw Harry choking on his drink and Megan and Niall looking completely stunned.

They all looked bewildered. Guess they were waiting for, I just hate your music. " See this is why I avoided that question. If you don't have anything nice to say , don't say anything at all." I grumbled. " I respect you guys as artists and everything. It just gets annoying to listen to ' OMG One Direction is so HAWT!' Or ' Have you seen who he's dating?!? She's so ugly. Doesn't even deserve him.' I have been listening to your fans fantasies and it's a pain in the a**. I thought my friends in Canada were bad but then I met Megan, Heather and Sarah." I glanced up and saw that Megan was blushing and Harry was laughing at her. She was going to get me back for that. I just knew it.

Niall seemed to recover from his shock and asked, " Strong opinion. So, is it just us you hate?"

" Nah, there's a huge list. Their songs seem too happy. Like I said not my genre in music."

" Okay then, what do you listen to?"

" Uhh, Marianas Trench, Jesse McCartney, stuff like that."

"Why them?"

" Don't know, I just do. Plus they're cute."

" And we're not?" Niall questioned me waving his hand at him and Harry.

I cracked a small smile, " Keep dreamin', Blondie."

Niall's POV

Wow, that was unexpected. I mean, I was dying to know why she didn't like us but I did not expect that to come out. Was that really what we were, a boyband? Is that all ? I mean we wrote some of our songs, well..actually...co-wrote. That counted, right? I'm guessing it was just her opionion, nothing more, nothing less. I quickly changed the subject so it wouldn't get awkward.

 "Strong opinion. So, is it just us you hate?" I asked.

" Nah, there's a huge list. Their songs seem too happy. Like I sad not my genre in music." She replied with disgust in her voice.

" Okay then, what do you listen to?"

" Uhh, Marianas Trench, Jesse McCartney, stuff like that."

"Why them?"

" Don't know, I just do. Plus they're cute."

" And we're not?" I said waving my hands at Harry and I.