Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Right now, I was blind folded in a moving car.

After that day of the interview I went to the local park and just ran. I ran and ran until I was doubled-over gasping for what little oxygen my lungs could handle. It was worth it though. The booming music in my ears probably damaged my ear drums, but the lyrics plus the beautiful natural scenery was all it took for my mind to clear up. I had the tendency to listen to pop songs that would usually make me want to barf to cheer myself up. Or maybe I did so to intensify my ill emotions.

Back to the situation at hand: Surprises never settled well with me. Because surprises always scared the shit out of me, like those sneak up attacks in horror films where the masked dude is carrying a chainsaw and two seconds later all you see is a fountain of blood sprouting out of your beloved friend. There was only one time a surprise went fine: I got to skate and slip n’ slide with...

Stop it, I scolded myself. You’re only torturing your heartache.

Anyways, you can imagine a brown chick blindfolded in the back of a car, wiggling out of the bound around her wrists and asking, “Where are we going,” every five seconds. I’m surprised that Xavier and Izzy haven’t stuffed an apple in my mouth and thrown me in a forest ready to be indulged by the wildlife that hovers around.

Instead they just continue their conversation, their voices a little louder and cranking up the music.

Actually, that was only Izzy’s approach to the issue. Xavier on the other hand, just shouts for me to shut up every five seconds I speak the exasperating question. I can just picture him running his hand through his brown hair several times, increasingly close to pulling some strands as well. Maybe he’ll slit my throat before the anticipation kills me slowly or for Izzy to stop him.

I just love my friends.

“Okay guys; let us all stay quiet for the remaining drive. Alright,” Izzy questioned calmly. Why is it that your friends’ girlfriends always approach an issue gently and calmly, and then there’s you who would probably resemble a barbaric yeti on the loose?

“After one more question,” I perked up. My ears picked up an annoyed huff of air released from someone’s mouth. Ignoring it I continued, “How much longer ‘till we get there?”

“Fifteen minutes. Now please shut up Jessa,” Xavier said in a restrained voice.

Be like that, Boss.

It was the longest fifteen minutes of my life. Legit.

It felt like a freaking ten hours before the car came to a full stop. I had been tapping my foot and trying to touch my tongue to my nose. As you can see no hands and only seeing darkness can make me a little irked and bored.

For what felt like another 30 minutes, I heard the car door being pulled open. Carefully warm hands worked on untying the bound around my arms, although they were heart aching slow for my liking. Eventually the rope material fell and all was left was my blindfold. I was slightly jumping in my seat as I waiting impatiently for the person to take my blindfold off. But it never did...