chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Jessa's POV

I started walking, " What do you want Caleb?''

" You." He said simply.

" How corny. Get over it. I don't like you, nor will I ever."

" Ouch. Don't worry, babe. I like the feisty ones."

Caleb was the other Indian person in my grade. But he was a second generation Indian, meaning his parents are normal. Caleb was 6'1". He was somewhat built and on the football team. Any girl would die to go out with him, but not me. I don't go out with jerk faces like him. Sure he was attractive but his personality was sickening. Asked a girl out, fluttered her heart, a week or so less the girl is crying her eyes out because a snob like Caleb broke her heart. That's how I met Megan.

I went into the washroom after English to wash my hands. I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard someone crying. I walked up to the stall where the noise was coming from and knocked.

"Hello? Is someone in there?" I asked. I stood there awkwardly as a girl with messy hazel hair and puffy, red eyes opened the door and walked to the sink, not looking me in the eye. She turned the tap on and splashed water on her face.

"Look, I know I'm new here but I wouldn't mind if you told me what made you cry." I said.

She turned to me and looked me in the eyes, examining me. As if she made her decision I was on her side and  she spilled everything. From the beginning. That's how I learned about Caleb . Just thinking about Caleb doing that to Megan made my blood run faster.

Caleb snapped me back to reality when he said, " I don't understand why you don't like me. I'm hot, fit, and sexy."

I scuffed, " Also full of himself. You're a jerk, who breaks a girls heart every second. I'm not one of those girls who will fall for you and cry when you break up with me. What I don't get is why you keep trying. I will never date you, so, why are you still here?"

" What you say, may be true but you're different. Something's different. Plus, Caleb gets whatever he wants and right now that's you."

I laughed, bitterly, " Not this time." We were at school and I went to my locker.

" Will you go on a date with me?" Caleb questioned.

"What do you not understand, no!" I said closing my locker. Then the bell rang," I got to go."

" Just think about it."

" No thank you." I called as I made my way to homeroom.

I made it just before Mrs. Baker closed the door on me. I walked and sat to an empty seat next to Heather, ignoring Mrs. Baker's glare. Heather smirked and murmured, " What took you so long?"

" Caleb. " I said, sighing.

" Oh."

Classes were a bore as usual. Half way through the school day and all the homework I got was from my math teacher. Lunch came upon me and I found Megan, Heather, Sarah and Arshad at a table. I slid next to Megan and without a breath questions were asked.

" What are you guys blabbering about?" I asked.

Megan took a breath, " Harry texted me last night and told me Niall and you went on a date. How was it?"

" Was it magical?" Heather squealed.

"Did he kiss you?" Sarah said in awe.

" Girls." Arshad muttered.