Chapter Twenty-Seven

Let me tell you what happened when I went back into the house that day Avery popped by. I didn’t barge in with them kissing. Thank god. Although, they were close to. Do all couples just kiss all the time? How do you have a relationship when you’re just stuffing your tongue down each other’s throats? Britney Spears’ Criminal song will totally fit the scene.

Anyways, that isn’t the point. These guys were on the couch and were supposed to be watching a movie. I other hand, with blurry vision and a sniffing nose made her way up slowly and hopefully soundlessly. Ten steps up, I see Xavier rush up the stairs like lightning. Ever heard of waiting your turn? Douche bag!

Shaking my head, I continued my journey up the deadly mountain. As I reached its peak, I noticed my manner less friend had good intentions. His hands stood on either side blocking the entrance to me temporary room.

“I forbid you to enter this room, so you lock yourself and drown in your tears,” he declared.

“You’re exaggerating.” Not in the mood to argue, I changed my route towards the washroom. Lightning is fast, you know? Now Xavier stood in the doorway, looking down at me like a toddler about to do something bad. “What? Do you want to offer me your shirt to blow my nose in, because I got enough boogers to add a whole layer to the Canadian Shield?”

“First, that’s gross. Second, what happened? Fifteen minutes ago you were ready to embrace your home outside, now you’re here to cry?”

Mumbling, “Avery came by and gave me this,” I passed him the magazine that was fisted in my hands.

Scanning the cover, he saw why so much happened in so little time. He began, “I’m so sorry. I knew you weren’t com-“

“I let my stupidity let go of him. He moved on with someone that he can go into public with; who can commit to him.”

“From what I know, if it weren’t for your parents you probably wouldn’t even have caught his attention in that meet and greet in the first place. Something that lasted a while is better than nothing at all right? C’mon, I think this is more of a feminine topic to discuss,” a female voice echoed through the halls.

Before I knew it, I was shoved into a room, with Xavier hollering on the other side of the door, “Hey! I want to be a part of girl talk!”

With that we talked.

I guess talking to a girl was more helpful than crying in your best friend’s arms.

I remember the last thing I told her before bursting into Niagara Falls, “I don’t care how broken I am to you. I’m a shark when it comes to being loyal to Xavier. So I recommend don’t leave him.” Plus, I don’t think I can punch you after this.

All Izzy did was hand me a tissue, giggle and say, “I know. Remind me to do a background check on my boyfriend’s friends, especially the female ones.”