Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Jessa's POV

Megan pulled up on my driveway with only eight minutes to spare. I invited her in, knowing she had no time to get out before my parents got home. I fumbled with the keys and finally unlocked the door. I ran upstairs, into the washroom, stripped my clothes off and rubbed all the makeup off my face. Then I bent over the sink letting the cold water, wet my dry hair. I quickly grabbed my robe, tugged it on and went downstairs to kitchen and grabbed a bowl. I heard other voices. Not just Megan's and Killian's but two other voices. Damnit! Seth and Jonah are still here? I'm going to get grilled. No time to kick them out now. Just as I walked in the living room, lifting a spoonful of cereal, the door creaked open, revealing my parents.   

" We're home!" My Dad exclaimed.

"You had no trouble?" My mom said worriedly. Of course, start worrying. "Why are you still aw-" Then she noticed Seth, Jonah and Megan. " What are your friends doing here?"

C'mon brain! Think of something reasonable. " Uhh... Honestly, I'm not going to lie. Killian and I didn't want to spend even more time together so we invited friends. As you know Jonah was already here, then Seth came along and I didn't want to be the only girl so I told Megan to come. See when you called, we thought we could get rid of them last minute, but I guess... we lost track of time. " I explained.

"Oh. Aren't your parents worried?" My mom asked.

" I should really get going." Megan said. Just before she shot me a look as if to say, ' Good Luck!' Then exited the door as quickly as possible. Thanks for the help Meg.

"What about you boys?" My mom questioned Seth and Jonah. When they gave her a weird look, my mom sighed and said, " Why won't you just stay here?" As she finished the sentence, my jaw fell to the floor. Did she just say that? A sleepover? Gawd! What has happened to my real mother? Who kidnapped her and switched her with this... this... nice thing? My mother would never do that. I think I'm dreaming. Gosh! I'm confused. I looked around, Seth and Jonah were on their phones, where I'm guessing telling someone they're going to stay for the night. Then there was Killian, he looked plain shocked. I came to a conclusion, something is up with my mom and I'm going to find out what. Hopefully. 

"Are you feeling alright?" I ask my mother cautiously.

"Yes, why are you asking?"

"No reason."

With that my mum and dad went upstairs to sleep for the night. I went in the backyard , sat on a chair on the patio and munched on my cereal slowly. I looked up and admired the night sky. It was dark out with tons of stars sparkling in the night. It was beautiful. I know what you're thinking, ' How are you possibly fascinated with the sky?' Well, let me tell you this, taking time to actually look at nature is plain beautiful. Okay, maybe that wasn't the best' let me tell you this' moment. Plus, it was a great time to think. I thought about today.

Wow, my life turned upside down just because of a simple bet. Was I happy that I lost the bet? Of course not! The Leafs lost! Then again there was Niall. Hmmm... Niall. Do I really like him? Yes. But do I like him more than a friend? Positive. Does he really like me? Or does he like me as a friend? Why would he 'force' me to go on date? Which by the way was the sweetest thing a guy has ever done for me. What if it was dare? Find an Indian chick and go on with her. My thoughts were interrupted when the back door slid open. I turned around to see Jonah. He came and sat on the chair next to me. None of us spoke for a while, me still thinking, him doing whatever he'd like.