In My Truck Again

Começar do início

It was just such a douchebag move of her fiancé to take her vehicle, knowing she needed to go somewhere. "That's fine. When do you want to go?" I asked her.

She looked a bit surprised by my cooperativeness, but recovered, staring at Journey instead of me. "Uh, in about... twenty minutes." She said. "I need to plan things out."

I nodded while she went upstairs with Journey huffing lazily. I sat on the loveseat and stared at the dog who stared at me. Xavier wanted to golf with Jared? Was this still him being pissed off at me, or was he really starting to like him? It wasn't jealousy, but fear. I definetly didn't want Xavier to like Jared because it would give him even more confidence to marry her and I didn't want that at all.

Would Xavier tell Jared? No, he couldn't. Angry or not he was my bestfriend. But this was his sister we were talking about, would he really hate me to the point to where he'd tell on me?

The dog began to whine, and tried turning over on his back. I watched him in confusion trying to figure out what he was doing. When Macy came down she laughed at him. "You dummy, you're too fat for that couch." She said, and snapped her fingers and he lazily toppled over onto the floor and went to her side.

I thought it would be a good time to shower, so I did that and dressed. Under my pillow I stared at the bracelet. When I left it, I wanted to be done with her, but I was so confused. When I came back it was the first thing I took. It was something I wore every single day until Xavier asked me about it. After that I kept it in my pocket for about a week and started wearing it again, until Macy came back. "Just... Found it layin' around my house." I told him casually. He didn't really care but I couldn't be sure anymore.

Xavier had fooled us all, and I wasn't sure if Macy knew yet, that he knew. She still didn't know a lot of things. Like how I went to her graduation, but I didn't have a choice. It was so weird watching her up there. She was so pretty but it was weird seeing her suddenly leaving the place that held her youth. She was already an adult, but that broke the bound of her staying. And she was as free as a butterfly.

When it had been about twenty minutes I shook my wet hair and went down the stairs, seeing her read a book. "Ready?" I asked and her eyes lifted up to see me.

It was the same way after she had dumped Mark, after we picked her up from downtown and she was lying in bed miserably. I lost my sanity with her, and her warmth was just too much and I ended up getting too close. When I was on top of her she stared at me so intently it made me afraid for myself, and to make it worse she actually touched me.

Apart from that, she stared at me. Her eyes went from my wet hair to the shoes I was wearing. Is she checking out or was I imagining it? "Macy?" I said and she perked up again, this time more alert.

"What, sorry?" She blinked a few times in a daze. I always wondered what she was thinking when she looked at me.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her.

"Oh! Yeah," She stood up and grabbed her bag, kissing Journey's head and heading out the front door. "Bye Journey," She told him, blowing kisses.

He whined and nudged me to the side, but I only patt his head.

Macy hopped in the truck and I asked her where to. "Watter's Creek." She told me.

I started the car and she looked around the inside. I was beginning to feel self-conscious about the mess in it. It was full of empty cigarette boxes and broken plastic lighters. Candy wrappers from Cory and crayons thrown around from the amount of times he was trying to draw me driving. There were probably pictures of us too, his drawings. I knew for a fact that he stuffed a few somewhere in the glove compartment. One had me as a stick figure crossing my arms and furrowing my eyebrows with an arrow pointing to me and labeling my name and saying I was an 'angry loser-face' and he drew himself next to me wearing a crown and labeled his name saying, 'king of conrads.' That kid was crazy.