Part 82

“So who are you a clone of, seeing as Sherlock Holmes never really existed?”

“Conan Doyle, didn’t you read the piece of prose at the beginning of this chapter?” Holmes looked down the list of files on Arthur’s hand held PC, “I see you have a copy of The Detective One on here!”

“Er, yes.”

“Is it a full copy?”

“Well actually it only goes as far as this sentence.”

“Why’s that?” asked Holmes as he saw this sentence appear as he read it.

“I think I know,” said the Author, “he’s got it plugged in wirelessly to my computer in some way, and as I’m typing it is saving on his hand held PC.”

Holmes looked up, “You are in touch with the Author?”

“Yeas, it is rather tiring at times.”

“Then why do you need my help? He can tell you everything.”

“He is being awkward. He said ‘This is supposed to be a detective adventure not an Author tells you everything straight away adventure,’ as you can read at the start of the book.”

Holmes flicked to the quote, “Oh yes. Well if you leave it with me I’ll read it and figure out from the clues he’s allowed to be revealed so far who the murderer is. You Watt, Fawh and Sid can go for a drink in the refectory, I’ll skim read it.”

“Oh alright,” relented Arthur as he and the others went for refreshments.