Part 76

“I thought we were going to visit the Sherlock Holmes clone to do that,” said Fawh.

“Oh no, I want to try and solve it before we see him.”

“So you’re being proud then?” thought Fawh.

“If you get the information we need Fawh, I will be proud of you.”

Fawh beamed.

“Come on then,” ordered Arthur, “We will drop you off at the Dining Room, you can pretend to be one of the hoods then get taken back to the hideout. Try and make it back to the Edinburgh Lecture Rooms before Holmes can reveal everything at the lecture. You never know, the Author might let us finish the book in seven chapters not twelve.”

They all set off down the stairs towards the car.

It was still dark at the Cellar Club and the door was locked. Biggs Jiggled the handle and knocked.

“There’s nobody in,” said Alf as he tried to peer through a gap in the door.

“Maybe there’s a back door,” suggested Biggs.

“I’ll try, you wait here.”

“Ok, but come back and tell me if he lets you in.”

Alf went down the alleyway to the back of the club. A man was acting furtively in the alley.

“Excuse me,” said Alf as he passed the man. He then tried the back door.

The man came over, “What do you want with the Cellar Club?”

“I want to speak to Boozy, I am a private detective.”