Part 54

“What?” asked Biggs.

“White-not-Black did not plan to go to the Cellar Club on Friday afternoon. I wonder what made him change his mind?” He thought for a second, “Another funny thing.”

“Not one…” began Sid.

“You have done that one Sid, think of something new.” He paused then continued, “The other funny thing is that he dismissed Was when he plainly needed his services to get back to his office and finish his article for the Saturday edition of the paper.”

“So you mean the murderer had him go to the Cellar Club just to kill him?” inquired Lee.

“That is right. He seemed to be on target with the rest of his meetings. It had to happen between the Dining room, which we know is owned by Tony ‘Two Toes’ and the Cellar Club, so it must have been the British Embassy.”

“Wow, what a detective,” derided Sid, “give him a pat on the back.”

“I’ll give you a pat on the head in a minute, a cow pat!” grumped Arthur.

“ooOOoo,” oohed Sid.

Arthur tried to calm himself down. “We need someone to speak to Was again, ask him if he noticed anything suspicious either at the Dining Room or the Embassy and why White-not-Black dismissed him at the Cellar Club and what he noticed there. We also need somebody to go to the Embassy to find out what happened there. I will go to the Embassy,” he looked at the others to see who would volunteer.