Part 64

Are you finished now?” asked the woman, “I want to have a soak in the bath.”

“Er,” erred Arianne, “thank you for your help. If she gets in touch can you give her our number?” She handed a business card to the woman.

“Sure,” replied the woman as she took the card then saw them out.

As they were walking back to the taxi rank Arianne asked, “So do you think she overheard something between Tony ‘Two Toes’ and his henchman?”

“I thought so.” She thought for a bit then thought, “I don’t think Arthur would let us go to Tennessee, do you?”

“I think we need to. If she is in fear of her life then she is probably a good witness. We need to make sure Triple T doesn’t put her out of the picture.”

“Is he an artist?” wondered Trelainne.

Arianne just frowned a little as she hailed a cab that was already parked at the taxi rank.

“Over here,” said Biggs to the taxi driver who had taken them to Honest Jim’s mansion. Alf paid the driver and got a receipt. Biggs rang the intercom buzzer.

“Hello,” came a voice at the other end.”

“Sir Biggs and Alf the…archer, come to see Was.”

“I am sorry, do you have an appointment?”

“We do not but Arthur was here earlier making enquiries and we need to follow up on something.”