Part 16

“What about me?” asked Officer Dick.

“I meant you and Bob take them away. No wonder you never passed that detective’s entrance exam to become a private detective.”

“I thought I never passed it because I’d be called Dick the Private Dick?”

“Really? Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.”

Bob and Dick cuffed Arthur and Sid and led them up the stairs, Arthur protested on the way, “I must protest you know,” protested Arthur, “I have an alibi.”

“You can put that in your statement at the station,” said Bob.

As they got to the top of the stairs Arthur shouted, “Fawh.”

“Hey Buddy,” reprimanded Officer Dick, “we’re not playing golf, keep it down will ya!”

Fawh was listening to music in the car and had completely missed Arthur and Sid’s arrest.

Sid and Arthur were put into the back of the police car while Dick and Bob sat in the front. They drove to the station.

The Sergeant used the Cellar Club’s phone to ring the homicide in. Then he went up the steps to the pavement and noticed that a Chevrolet was parked in a place where the detectives would like to park. He knocked on the window. This scared Fawh because he was enraptured, singing along with Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and doing all the harmonies in four separate voices. He wound the window down, “Yes officer?”