Part 38

CHAPTER 4

Sunlight trickled down through the cluster of five storey buildings. Car horns beeped, traffic whizzed by and the hot dog stand steamed its smell into the air.

“Do you think I could get a hot dog first?” asked With, “I’m starving.”

“Only if you buy one for me,” replied Lee.

“I could put it on expenses?”

“For such a small amount? Anyway I doubt the hot dog vendor would have a receipt book.”

“Hey Mack,” interrupted the hot dog vendor, “stop chewing the fat and chew a hot dog instead.”

“Do you sell chewable fat?” inquired Lee.

“Why I oughtta…” said the vendor as he lifted his hand up in a mock threatening pose.

“Can I have two hot dogs please,” asked With, “and two colas.”

“Regular, cherry, chewy, diet, mint, strawberry or caffeine free?”

“They make caffeine free hot dogs?”

“No, I meant the cola, which flavour do ya want?”

“Er, caffeine free and a diet please.”

“I bet the diet is for you isn’t it porky.”

“Well…” huffed With.

The vendor put a caffeine free and a diet cola on top of the onion lid. He then slopped a hot dog into a bun and smeared onions on the top then gave it to With who passed it to Lee, “Musical buns,” said the vendor, then, “Nice weather we’re having?”