Part 55

“We’ll go see Was,” baggsed Biggs.

“We haven’t checked out the other places White-not-Black visited yet,” noticed Lee.

“Do we need to?” asked Arthur.

“We should leave no stone unturned, no avenue unexplored, no area un-accessed,” said Lee in his inscrutable Oriental way.

“Well, seeing as we have extra man power, then why not. You can visit the Hell’s Kitchen, Music Conservatory, Central Hall and Ballroom Blitz.”

“Some of those places may be closed at this time of the day,” warned Lee.

“Stop griping Lee, you wanted to leave no stone unturned, no avenue unexplored, no area un-accessed.”

“No way,” said Lee.

“No matter,” said With.

“No wonder,” said Alf.

“No messing,” said Arthur.

“No fun,” whispered Sid to himself. They all set off for their respective destinations.

10 Albion Street housed what was called the British Embassy. It was not really an Embassy but a gentleman’s club of British ex-pats. Arthur, Sid and Fawh (in the form of Elvis) started to walk up the steps to the door when they were stopped by the doorman dressed smartly in a top hat with a wide brim, “Excuse me Sir,” said the doorman to Arthur, “are you members?”

“Well, actually, I have let my membership fall into dereliction,” replied Arthur.

“That’s not the only thing,” Sid said quietly to Fawh, “look at his stomach.”