Chapter Twëñty-Ñïñë: Thë Pårëñts

Start from the beginning

Josh woke up thirty minutes later and saw her dancing around. She hadn't noticed him and Josh laid there watching her. Her headphones were loud enough he could tell she was listening to Heathens. He laughed watching her dance and whisper sing the lyrics. He noticed something on her arm but she was moving too much for him to see it. "Watch it!" She whisper sang and spun around. Zoey gasped when she saw Josh looking her. "Josh!" She smiled. Josh couldn't believe it. "So, do I look good?" Zoey smirked trying to contain her laughter. "Oh my god." Josh covered his mouth and smiled. There his girlfriend was. With red eye makeup, one of his shirts, and his sleeve painted on her arm. In great detail too.

Josh sat up more smiling. "You.Look.Great." Josh laughed. "Yeah? I was going for a Josh Dun look. Ya know, the drummer from Twenty-one pilots?" She jumped onto the bed and walked over to him. Zoey sat in his lap. "Yeah I figured. You did good. Got his tat and everything." He smirked and rubbed her cheek. They compared sleeves and laughed. "How did you do that?" He chuckled. "Makeup." She smiled. "Makeup?! Damn Zoey. I knew you were talented but wow." Josh was shocked. He was amazed at all the little details she had too. Zoey just sat there and smiled. Josh looked at her, he studied her face. All he could do was smile big. "I love you." He grinned. "I love you too Spooky." She kissed him. "Now come on! You got a show to put on tonight." She stood up and jumped off the bed. Josh laughed and got up. He noticed she was in such a good mood and it was rubbing off. Josh quickly got dressed and all. "Good you're dressed." Zoey smiled. "Yeah, why?" He asked. "Come on!" Zoey grabbed her phone and then his hand. "Zoey??" He asked. She pulled him out the hotel room. She ran down the stairs pulling him. "Zoey where are we going?" He laughed. "Just come on!" She giggled. Tyler saw them and just stood there with a confused smile.

They were running down the street. "Zoey! Slow down!" Josh laughed. "Come on slowpoke!" She giggled pulling him harder. Josh obliged as they turned several corners. He had no idea where she was going. She kept looking back at him with a smile. She looked great. Her bright smile and her lilac hair flying everywhere.

(Song above helps set mood for next part.)

Zoey pulled him through an alley that led into a park around the corner. "Zoey! Where are we-" "We're here." She stopped. Josh caught his breath. "Where-" He stopped. Josh looked up in amazement. It was gorgeous. It was a little park. Swings, roundabouts, and monkey bars. Even a slide. There was a lot of plant life. Vines growing up the equipment and flowers everywhere. It almost looked abandoned. The sun was lighting everything so perfectly and the breeze was gentle. It was hidden behind some buildings, the walls were spray painted. It was beautiful, all the art. He was amazed you could even do some of the things with spray paint. Flowers to quotes to realistic looking people. People crying and children playing. Flowers blooming and abstract art. He was speechless.

"Z-Zoey..how did you find this place?" He walked in circles trying to take it all in. "Zeke told me about it. Before he passed, he visited this place. He found this park wandering around. He said it was the most beautiful thing and that he would take me to see it. Zeke trusted telling me where it was. He knew I wouldn't bring just anyone here." Zoey smiled walking through the flowers. "Wow." Josh said softly. "Yeah. We were supposed to come together one day.." She sat on the swing. "We never got the chance. I didn't want to go alone. I knew I couldn't bring just anyone." She smiled looking down at her feet. "You chose me?" He was shocked. "Yeah." Zoey started swinging and smiled big. She looked so at peace and calm. Her hair flying back and fourth. The sun against her face. "I-I don't know what to say." Josh walked slowly over to her. "Life is short." She said. Josh sat on the swing next to her. "The world can be cruel and cold." Zoey swung higher. "Yet, it's also so beautiful and full of life." She stopped and smiled at Josh. "This place is special to me Josh." Zoey told him. "You're special to me." She gently swayed. "You know a lot about me. You care a lot. I love you. I want this to be...our spot." She smiled. Josh didn't know what to say. This place, it was so amazing and Zoey was so beautiful. She trusted him. This was supposed to be with Zeke. Josh smiled. "I'd love that. It's beautiful Zoey. You're beautiful." He stood up. Zoey blushed. "So, for now on, this is our spot. No one else knows about this spot. Just you and me. Our safe place." She stood in front of him. Josh pulled her close and slowly pushed her hair behind her ear. "Always." Josh whispered. "Always." She said softly as they kissed.