THE UGLY TRUTH (I)

Armaan's POV

Something rang up making me jolt up from my precious afternoon nap. I look around my surrounding and found myself in my office cabin.

Dammit.

My phone rang again and rubbed my eyes picking up the phone not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Dude,where the hell are you?"an ear piercing voice broke my drowsiness completely and I cursed him inverdly. He keeps on blabbering about how many times me called and how I am ignoring and all.

I was so sleepy that even after I had a hot coffee,the sleep wouldn't go and I had to take a nap. It's 2:55 in afternoon and all I can manage to think right now is sleep. My precious sleep. Leaving all my work. Well,that's what happens when you work your ass out.

I haven't moved from the cabin from past thirty six hours. Before going to the hospital, I have to finish all the works not only for me but Rahul too. The operation and recovery will take probably a week.

"Dammit Armaan,are you even listening to me?"Neil shouted loud enough to break my thoughts.

"Yeah yeah"

"Everything is set and all we have to do is a preoperative check out and then the surgery"I could here his voice beaming with joy. More than me,he is sure about the result and all we want is a best result.

"Fine then,will see you tomorrow"

"Sure"

I hung up the call and closed the file In front of me. Getting up I straightened my crised shirt. stretching a bit,i folded my sleeves up and took my jacket on my shoulder.

"Good afternoon Sir"saila said as I walked out of the cabin. Without glancing her a look,i moved to the elevator and took a step in towards the basement parking lot.

Thirty minutes later, I was standing in front of my mansion.

Well, I need guts to go inside.

After knowing what is going to happen, I am scared. Not for me,of course.

I sighed and closed my eyes then open and finally took a step which has no going back.

I heard laughter from the hall as I reached the main door. Their booming voice making me feel nauseous.

Damn. They are so happy and all I am walking inside is to ruin their happiness and joy. I feel hopeless. Wish I could do it without telling them. But there's no way to it than telling them the truth.

I walked in and stood there watching them.

Maa is massaging Nikki's head while she is laid with her head on maa's lap. Muskaan is sitting laughing over something with her legs on a bucket.

And there she is. My wife.

Well, I know I hate her and I really hate to admit but having just a look at her and everything feels perfect. Though, nothing is, I know but I can also dream for once.

She is smiling but the smile feels empty and shallow. It doesn't reach her eyes. Her eyes are sad.

I keep on looking at her,lost in my world until she turn and look at me meeting our eyes. I turn my eyes away from her and look at Muskaan who was looking at me smiling.

That smile. I can do anything to save that smile on my sister's face but I will be the one to steal it very soon.

I feel guilty but I have no other option.

"Tu kab aaya?"maa asked. I look at her and she seems happy looking at me.

Seems Riddhima hasn't told them anything about the encounter.