CALM BEFORE THE STROM

Armaan's POV

"I LOVE YOU ARMAAN" the words sink in my system and at the same time my heart reached at the peak thudding in my chest. Is it a dream. But she is holding me. No,this is everything but a dream. I hugged her pouring my everything in this simple hug. There's something wrong, I know. Her lips weren't truthful but still her eyes were sincere. Whatever it is, there's no way I am Letting her go and she is all mine.

"I love you too Riddhima.. I love you so much.." I cupped her face and look into her eyes and she shiver under my gaze. Getting close to her I whispered, "the day I saw you,I fell in love with you Riddhima.. I waited and waited and waited for the day you to be mine but life had some other plans.." I hugged her and she instantly melt in my arms,"And then once again circumstances told me that,no,I can be your and you Mine!"

"I will never let you away baby" i promised myself more that her. I let her go and walked out of the room to sink in the moment I have shared with my beautiful wife.

I was standing with maa talking about Riddhima and I felt an intense gaze on me. Maa smiled and look up on stairs and I followed her. Riddhima was standing looking at me with a blank expression. I smiled at her as she passed me the same smile but soon it was gone and she held her hand on her head.

My heart stopped the moment she closed her eyes and collapsed. I rushed towards her but it was too late as her unconscious body rolled out till the last step before she was lying in front of me with blood oozing from her head.

I was numb. My heart stopped beating and I feel breathless. I kept staring at the place she was lying with pool of blood. My whole world spinning and my body as cold as it can be.

For God knows after how much time,but I was pulled out and dragged to the parking. Turning I saw the place Riddhima was and now it was only blood I saw.

"ARMAAN GET IN THE FUCKING CAR" Rahul's loud voice get me out of my trance and I saw maa sitting on back seat with Riddhima's bleeding head in her lap. With my heart going crazy,I dragged myself in the passenger side and Rahul pulled the car to the Hospital.

The ride to the Hospital felt like forever and for once I couldn't keep my eyes away from Riddhima's beautiful face which was drained pale and blood around her hair.

A tear fell on my cheeks and Rahul squeezed my hand nobbing. I rushed opening the door as soon as Rahul pulled the car in front of the hospital and rushed Riddhima in the emergency.

An hour later,and I am pacing back and forth in front of the emergency room waiting, and only waiting. No news yet and it's freaking me out. Few hours ago,just bloody few hours ago she confessed her love to me and here I am standing waiting to know if she is fine. I will never be able to forgive myself if something happens to her.

"Armaan calm down and aa baith jaa..they will inform soon" Rahul paused me standing in front. How the hell I can calm down when the girl I love the most is on the emergency room and God knows what the hell are the doctors doing.

"Mr Mallik?" I heated the doctor Calling. Finally. All ran to him and I was the first to stand in front of him. He looked at everyone and then me. Please for heaven's sake, say something.

"Patient is under control" he smiled weakly and I glared at him,"her name is Riddhima, Riddhima Armaan Mallik "

"Sorry" he apologized and continued, "unke sir pe chot aane ke karan wo unconscious hai par jaldi Hi unhe hosh aa jaega.." He paused and then look everywhere but me,"sorry Mr Mallik, hum apke bacche ko nai bacha paye" I heard mom gasp and so did Muskaan. But I kept still looking at the doctor, "uterus me pressure padne ke karan unka placenta brake ho gaya aur kafi heavy bleeding hai."

I stood there motionless and so did everyone else. The doctor mutter a sorry and went to the emergency room again saying we can meet Riddhima as soon as she gets conscious.

I sat on the floor looking nowhere. I felt Rahul wrapping his arms Around me and he held me making sit on the chair between Muskaan and maa.

This is not the news I ever wanted to hear. I have been waiting for this baby for a while. Though I have to relationship with him through blood but emotionally I was attached to it very much. Rubbing my hand on Riddhima's belly,I felt my little baby fluttering in his mummy's bump. That little thing inside Riddhima was the reason why Riddhima was so attached to me. The reason why we were together is no more with us. He choose to die unborn.

I felt a hand wiping my tears and looked up to see maa standing in front sniffing herself and that's when I wanted to cry hard. I pulled her close through her waist and hugging her tight around I cried like a baby.

"I lost him maa..I have lost him. The reason why I was with Riddhima is gone. He left me before I could hold him. I have lost my baby" I cried as hard as I could but tears never stopped.

She hugged me caressing my back and kissed my head. nothing was said as the pain was too much to sink in and all I did is cooing in my mum's arm. Mom always gives the best hugs when you need it. And I have no shame to admit that I am a mumma's boy and I am proud that I am.

"Armaan.." I heard mum and opened my eyes lightly. Maybe I slept sitting here. She brushed my hair with her fingers and whispered, "beta Riddhima ko hosh aa gaya..jaa mil le usse. Is waqt use sabse jyada jarurat hai Teri.." I nob and turn to see the time and it was 2 hours now. I got up to leave.

"Armaan" I turn hearing mum and waited for her to say what she wants to. She held my hands in hers and look into my eyes. Well this is not a good indication,I guess.

"Kya Riddhima ke pet me jo baccha tha wo tera tha??" She questioned softly but the disappointment in her voice was already hearable. I look at her with a blank expression and she stare at me,"I am not going to like the answer, don't I??"

I nob and a tear slid down her left cheek. I moved my hand to wipe it but she moved back and hurt was clearly visible in her eyes.

"Mai apko batana chahta tha maa..par.." I paused and she completed for me,"batana jaruri nahi samjha.."she turn to face her back towards me,"jaa Riddhima se Jake mil le.."

"Armaan tune itni badi bag Humse chupai.." Muskaan glared me,"aur tune Riddhima se shadi ki ye jante hue ki wo kisi aur ke bacche ki maa banne wali hai"she has her hand on her hips. Rahul rushed to her and held her through shoulder, "Muskaan ye time nahi hai ye sab bat karne ka.." She glared at him, "please Rahul..ye jo hua wo galat hai.." Muskaan pushed him and stood in front of me again. I just brushed my hair with fingers and shook my head,"dekh Muskaan ye sab bad me bhi ho sakta hai..I need to be with Riddhima.. "I pleaded and she threw her hands in air.

I know I have made a mistake and I will try and make up for this later but right now my priority is Riddhima. I headed to her room and she was lying on the bed with her eyes staring at the ceiling. I went and sat next to the bed on the bench and held her hand that was kept on her belly and squeeze it. She turn to me and smiled lightly.

"Mai theek hu.." She whispered in husky voice and look into my eyes which was already glassy as tears form in my eyes.

"Kya hua Armaan.. Mai sach me thik hu" I shook my head and faced the other side. She tried to got up and I heard her winch in pain. Helping her lay down I waited for her to settle but she look in pain now.

She kept her hand on her belly and turn to look into my eyes. Tears welling up in her eyes too as she look very restless already,"Armaan me--eraa baby--yy??"her voice cracked and I just went and hugged her from shoulder.

This is going to be the hardest time ever just seeing her crying like a baby who herself just now lost her baby. Our baby.

To be continued..