Chapter 17

"Okay, so first off, you can't be formal. Instead of saying hello, just say hey."

"Hey?" The word sounded foreign coming off of Alec's tongue and the face that he made following was absolutely hilarious. "That is such a strange word, I don't understand."

"It's not, I promise." I said in between giggles. I was trying to teach Alec how to be a teenager in the twenty first century but so far, it wasn't really working. "Try again."

"Hey Kenzi." Alec made another disgusted face and I burst into another fit of laughter.

"You're doing good! Keep going."

"Do you want to hang out later?" I couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"I'm-I'm sorry! Its just weird hearing you talk like that." I wiped the tears from my eyes that were a result of me laughing so hard.

"I can't do this, love. Your form of speaking is so different and complicated. You have so many abbreviations like'L-O-L' and 'O-M-G.' People also don't mean what they say. Why do you say 'hang out' if you do not mean it in the literal sense of hanging yourselves?" Alec's distress was cute and the faces that he made when he tried to talk like me were adorable and hilarious.

"Because I come from a messed up generation. Its all slang, and you need to learn it in order to be a normal teenager, babe." I looked at him and studied his face, which still had a confused expression.

"Babe? What is that?"

"Its what you call someone if you're dating, or really close. "

"Babe." He paused for a moment, as he seemed to think about the word. "I love you, babe." I smiled and jumped up and hugged him.

"You're finally getting it!" Alec let out a chuckle as he wrapped his arms around me. "Let's go be carefree teenagers, you still have so much to learn." I said as I got back on my feet and held Alec's hands.

"By carefree, do you mean irresponsible?" Alec questioned me.

"Of course, what else would I mean? Let's go!" I pulled Alec towards the door and into the hallway. "First thing that you have to do, is run." I said before I broke into a sprint and seeing Alec run past me soon after. "Hey! Not fair!" I giggled before he turned around and picked me up as he ran.

"Where do you two think you're going?" I heard Demetri ask.

"Out, don't wait up!" I replied as we left the castle.

"What do you want to do?" Alec asked me once we were in town.

"Hmm" I looked around at the town, the sun was going down and the night was beginning to come alive. "I know!" I dragged Alec to the first bar in sight and we entered, sitting at the bar.

"Kenzi, I can't drink, and you're sixteen." Alec said, a bit of concern in his voice.

"I'm sixteen forever, I can't change that. Lighten up, babe, relax." I smiled before calling the bartender over and ordering some shots.

Alec made a face as soon as they were set down in front of us.

"How can you drink this?" Alec asked.

"Its supposed to be good, lets see if that's true." I grabbed two of the small glasses and handed one to Alec. "Ready?" I asked before Alec slowly nodded. "One, two, three." On three, we both took a shot and I felt the bitter liquid burn my throat. I looked over at Alec and his expression caused me to burst out laughing.

"This is horrible!"

"But this is fun! Let's have another one!"

"Kenzi, no." I looked at Alec and pouted.

"Awe, c'mon, relax and let's have another one." I held his hand and smiled at him.

"Fine, but just another one and then we leave. I don't want you getting hurt."

A couple more shots later, I was seeing double and giggling at everything. Alec had relaxed a bit and was having more fun than he was at first.

"Let's walk around the city!" I stumbled out of my seat and Alec was quick to help me.

We left the bar and walked out into the dark night that seemed to be alive with music and lights.

"Dance with me!" I exclaimed before spinning around in a circle, causing my deep red hair to blow in the wind. I looked up at Alec with a smile as his eyes watched me as I danced like an idiot. He then grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him as he danced with me while whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I stumbled over my own feet but Alec held me tight, not allowing me to fall.

"I love you." I told him with a wide grin on my face.

"I love you too mio amore." I loved when he spoke Italian. The foreign words sounded amazing coming off of his tongue.

"Lets go to the beach!" The idea popped into my blurry mind as I almost tripped over my own two feet.

We ran through the masses of people, hand in hand at a human-like speed. When we reached the beach, I immediately stumbled out of my shoes, shirt, and jeans and ran towards the cold water. I ended up tripping and falling into the water. Alec ran after me and I splashed him with water. He did the same to me and we just kept splashing each other. This brought back memories of me going to the beach with the pack and just having fun. They were memories of my family. I miss them. These thoughts passed through my drunken mind as I splashed water at Alec. He then tackled me into the water and I burst out laughing as he held me. But my laughter soon turned into tears as memories of Seth tackling me invaded my mind. He was my best friend.

"Love, what's wrong? Did I hurt you?" Alec asked, immediately checking my body for any injuries.

"No, no, you didn't hurt me. I was just thinking of home, erm, what used to be my home." I said, as I leaned into his chest.

"You want to go back, don't you?" He asked as he stroked my arm.

"I just miss it, I miss my family, but I love you." I replied.

"Then lets go." I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to face Alec.

"What?"

"Lets go see your family. I don't like seeing you unhappy, love. If you miss your family, then lets go visit them."

"Are you serious?" I asked, excitement and surprise evident in my voice.

"Of course, we can leave in the morning." I squealed at his words before kissing him, only pulling away when I ran out of breath.

"I hate having to breathe. I could kiss you forever." I leaned my head against his chest as I straddled him.

"The day that you stop breathing will be the day that I die." Alec said as he stroked my back.

"That won't be for a long time." I put my hand against his, comparing the difference in size and then intertwining our hands.

"We have all of eternity." He said before giving me a kiss on my forehead and holding me close.

"We have forever."