Chapter 7

"Volterra is so beautiful. I wish my brother was here to enjoy the beauty." I thought more to myself as I left the window and went to sit on my bed next to Jane.

"Your brother is Sam Uley, correct?" She asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, he can be a pain in the ass most of the time but he's my brother and I love him. He's all that I have left." I fumbled with my hands, thinking of Sam.

"What about your parents?"

"They died in a car crash when I was four, Sam was nine. We were left with my Uncle Quil and Sam kinda just took care of me, and has taken care of me since."

"I'm sorry for your loss. Especially at such a young age." Jane looked at me with sympathy as I remembered exactly what had happened to my parents.

"I mean, I was four, I didn't really understand why mom and dad wouldn't come home after that day. Sam said that I would cry all of the time and he would have to stay with me until I calmed down enough to sleep. When he was old enough, he bought a small house and we moved in. He was nineteen and I was fourteen. It all seems like a lifetime ago." Jane and I have become extremely good friends over the past month and a half, and that's why I felt comfortable telling her these things. I felt as if I could trust her.

"You miss him don't you?"

"I really do. Sam raised me, he's been there for me my entire life, of course I miss him." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "All I want to do is go home. I don't even know why I'm here anymore. At first I thought it was for Renesmee but now I don't even know. Aro won't let me leave and I want to know why. Its not like you guys want to have a shifter here, there has to be a reason." I looked up and saw Jane's expression falter for a second before returning to normal. "Jane, do you know something?"

"No, its nothing, really." A nervous smile appearing on her face.

"Jane, please. If you know something tell me so that I can stop it and go-"

"You're my brother's mate." She cut me off mid-sentence as I stared at her, awestruck.

"What? No, that can't be why I'm here. Please tell me that you're lying." I looked at her, searching her face for some sort of indication that she was lying.

"That is why they are keeping you here. Master knows that you are Alec's blood singer."

"No...no! You're lying! I don't-I don't want that! Jane please tell me that this is some sick joke!" I stood up immediately and looked at her.

"Kenzi, I promise that I am telling the truth."

"This is not the truth. I can't be his blood singer, I-I'm his enemy. You have me confused with someone else, there's some other girl out there who is a normal human who is his blood singer, not me. Tell me that its not me!" Tears streamed down my face, I didn't want this. "My family is never going to let me come back, they won't accept this!"

"Ken-Kenzi calm dow-"

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down! I left because I wanted to protect Nessie but in reality, you all only wanted me because of Alec! You had no intentions of taking Nessie!" I looked accusingly at Jane, this was all so confusing and I don't want to make sense of it.

"Stop yelling and listen to me."

"No! I just want to leave! I didn't want this!"

"Calm down." She was staring at me as I paced in front of her, tears flowing down my face.

"I don't want this, I want to go home. I'm going home!" I ran out of my room and towards the exit, crying.

"Kenzi-Grace wait!" I felt Jane's stone cold hand touch my shoulder and I immediately pushed it off.

"Don't touch me! You kept this from me! You kept me from my family!" I continued to run towards the front of the castle, where the door was. I needed to get out, I can't be here. I needed my brother to wake me up and tell me that this is all a dream, that I never came with the Volturi and that I wasn't Alec's mate. I want to wake up in my bed to the smell of Emily's cooking and the guys sitting in my kitchen. I want to walk in and see my brother with his arm around Emily in our small house in Forks.

"Alec, take her to her room." Aro's voice filled my ears as I reached the front door. I was picked up quickly and taken to my room. Too quick to process what had happened.

"Put me down!" I screamed, hitting his hard chest before he placed me on my feet in my room.

"My sister told you." Was all he said after he put me down and closed the door.

"You are the reason that I can't leave this shitty castle. You are the reason that I'm never going to be able to see my family. You are the reason that I was brought here in the first place! I shouldn't be here! I should be in Forks with my family, and now because of you, I don't have a family! I was taken away from the only family that I had!" I looked at him through my tear filled eyes, he looked hurt.

"Kenzi, please listen to me, I love you."

"You love me? You can't love me. You can't love anyone. You're a monster." I looked him straight in the eye and through the pain and hurt that was reflected in his eyes, I felt something, and suddenly we weren't in Volterra, or Forks, or anywhere for that matter. We were in our own universe, just Alec and me. He was the only thing that I saw, and suddenly, all of my problems were forgotten. I then realized that it wasn't gravity keeping me on this earth, or the Volturi keeping me in this castle, it was Alec. It felt like there  were a million strings pulling me towards him and all of a sudden, my world didn't revolve around my family, it revolved around Alec, Alec Volturi.