Chapter 5

*Sam's P.O.V*

"There has to be a way, Carlisle."

"We can go but there is no guarantee that they will let her leave."

"She's my sister, my responsibility, I shouldn't have yelled at her." I shouldn't have treated her like I did. I shouldn't have told her that my life ended when she was born. She would still be here if I hadn't gotten into that goddamn argument with her.

"Sam, we will find a way, don't beat yourself up about this. Kenzi made her choice, you had no way of knowing that she was going to leave so suddenly." Edward was reading my mind, he knew that Kenzi was at the fight but he didn't tell me. I could've stopped her.

"I should've gone after her, I should've had one of the guys track her down. It's all my fault." I ran my fingers through my hair as I stood there.

"Alice, do you see anything?" Edward asked the pixie-like vampire.

"Nothing, I see absolutely nothing. I can't see her. I'm sorry."

"It's over! She's going to stay with those leeches who are probably torturing her for all we know!"

"Sam, calm down." Carlisle tried to calm the situation down but he can't. She's gone, and I probably won't ever get her back.

"She's never coming back. I won't ever see her again."

"We can go, if you would like. We can see if they will allow her to leave. But it could be a risk."

"Then we'll go, and I won't leave without a fight."

***

The castle reeked of the sickly sweet leech stench. How was Kenzi surviving in here with the horrible smell? Maybe she isn't even alive anymore.

"She's here, I hear her thoughts. She's thinking of you." Edward told me as we walked in.

There was a vampire at the entrance of the castle and she scrunched up her nose when I approached with the Cullens.

"You get used to it." Rosalie told her before she guided us inside of the castle.

"Ah, Carlisle what has brought you here?" Aro asked as we approached. "And why have you brought a shifter?"

"I came to get my sister back." My voice confident in hopes that he would allow her to leave.

"I am so sorry, but I can not let her go. She's had an...accident."

"What do you mean an-"

"She got into a fight with Jane. Kenzi lost a lot of blood and is weak." Edward spoke, reading Aro's mind.

"How could you keep my bleeding sister here with all of these vampires around?!" I could feel myself start shaking, anyone of these leeches could've killed her.

"Don't worry, she is safe, we got the situation under control."

"She is coming home with me today."

"I'm afraid that she can't do that." His voice getting more stern.

"Sam?" Kenzi's soft voice filled my ears as I snapped my head to the source of her voice.

"Kenzi!"

"Sam!" She tried running towards me but the leeches were quick to grab her. "Sam!" Her strangled screams echoed through the room as she struggled against the vampires. I tried running towards her but two leeches held me back. I used all of my strength to push them off but they were soon replaced by other leeches.

"Take her to her room and lock her in there." Aro ordered. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"She's my sister, there's no way in hell that I'm leaving her!"

"Jane." Instant pain erupted through my body, it was overwhelming pain. Then it was over all at once. I looked over and realized that Bella had her shield around me.

"Sam, I think it would be better if we left." Carlisle said as he placed his ice cold hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and followed them out. What have I done? I just got Kenzi 'locked in her room.' I hope they don't hurt her like Jane did. If only I could kill each and every one of those leeches, then I would get my Kenzi back, but until then, I have no choice but to leave her there until I figure something out.