Chapter 10

*Jane*

I should have let Alec tell her. Kenzi would have reacted differently if it was my brother that had told her. We had all gotten along until I opened my mouth and ruined it for my brother. I cannot let my brother's blood singer hate him for something that I did. I am the cause of this mess and I am determined to fix it for Alec.

"Kenzi, Kenzi-Grace, its Jane. Please open the door." I knocked on her door for a few seconds before realizing that the only sound that I heard was my knocking. The only sound is the sound of my knocking.

I quickly kicked open the door to reveal no trace of Kenzi, besides her scent. I examined the room and saw the window open, letting the cool air in. She escaped, and its all my fault.

"Master Aro!" I made my way to the thrown room to see Master Aro sitting in his usual seat. "Master Aro, I'm afraid that Kenzi-Grace is no longer here."

"Oh my. Demetri, Felix, Alec, you will all go with Jane to Forks, Washington. I'm afraid that Kenzi-Grace has escaped. You shall bring her back, and she will remain here, whether she likes it or not." We nodded at Master Aro's orders and I saw an upset look on Alec's face. This is all my fault.

***

The whole plane ride to Forks, Alec seemed happy and upset, his feelings were contradicting themselves and it was obvious.

"We'll get her back, Brother. Demetri tracked her and we will talk to her and convince her to come back and be with you." I placed my hand over his and assured him of this, to which he nodded but didn't say a word. With a sigh, I turned back to face the window and watched as we were about to descend into the rainy city of Seattle.

"What if she doesn't want to come back? What if she still hates me?" My brother asked, staring down at his hands.

"We will get her back. I promised you that I was going to make this better, and I will. If not by will then by force."

"Sister, no. Do not do anything to hurt her, please. She's so small and fragile, I need her." He looked at me with pleading eyes and I could not help but feel guilty.

"I won't, dear brother, I won't." I kept staring out of the small airplane window as a million thoughts invaded my mind. I needed to get Alec's mate to love him but the truth is, I don't know how to love, let alone convince someone to love someone else. All that I have ever known is pain, no one has ever loved me as I wish to be loved.