Chapter 3

"Not going to the fight my ass. I'm here and he's just going to have to deal with it." I mumbled to myself as I hid in the trees, waiting for the Cullens and Volturi to arrive. I wasn't just going to let my family die.

Eventually, the Cullens arrived along with the pack and several other vampires. Jacob was in the very front along with Edward, Bella, and Nessie. My brother and the rest of the pack and vampires close behind. Every one of the Cullens were there except for Alice and Jasper. They aren't back yet, hopefully they get back in time.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I caught a new, sickly sweet scent. It was them. The Volturi. Their army easily outnumbered our small one. How were we going to fight them if there wasnt enough of us?

Edward looked over in my direction and I quickly hid behind a tree. Shit, he was hearing my thoughts. I stayed hidden behind the tree even though I knew that Edward knew that I was there. He probably told Sam by now.

I heard the Cullens and Volturi speak to each other for a while before I heard a familiar voice.

"Aro, there is no need to fight. I traveled far to bring an alliance that is exactly like Renesmee, half human, half vampire. He is here to show you that Renesmee is not a threat to humans or vampires." Alice, she's back! As she walked closer, I could see a man walking behind her and Jasper.

Aro and Alice seemed to speak to each other for a while before I heard a sentence that made my blood run cold.

"Renesmee Cullen does not pose a threat to this coven however, we will need to raise her with the Volturi until she is old enough to behave herself."

Before anyone could answer, I ran out from where I was hiding and stood protectively in front of Ness and my family.

"You are not going to take her. She's staying here." I looked straight into Aro's blood red eyes, a look of surprise evident on his face.

"Who might you be?" A creepy smile appeared on his pasty white face as he asked me.

"Kenzi-Grace Uley." I responded confidently, knowing well that the Cullens' and the pack's eyes were all staring at me.

"Kenzi-Grace Uley. You're a shifter, may I see your hand?"

I hesitated for a moment, why the hell does he want my hand?

"Give him your hand, Kenzi, it'll be fine. I promise." Edward assured me and I hesitantly gave him my hand, to which he grasped in both of his cold ones.

I looked around and made eye contact with Sam. He was going to kill me for this. I quickly turned back around to see another vampire close behind Aro, with his hand on Aro's shoulder. Aro nods slowly and let's go of my hand.

"I have devised a compromise. Instead of taking the young Renesmee with us, we shall bring Kenzi-Grace Uley with us."

"I'll do it." I couldn't let them take Renesmee, she's too young, too innocent for their horrible ways.

"Kenzi, you don't have to do this." Edward placed his cold hand on my shoulder and I turned to face him.

"And let them take her, no way. I'll be fine."

"Then it is settled. We shall not fight today. Kenzi-Grace, are you ready to go?" Aro asked me, am I really going with these people? Why do they want me?

"I guess." I looked back and made eye contact with Sam, his dark eyes glazed over as if he were going to cry, he never cries. "Keep her safe, and tell Sam and the rest of the family that I love them." I told Edward before Aro picked me up and took me away. What did I get myself into.