Chapter 2

"Sam you have to let me help! I want to go!" I followed him around the house, pestering him about going with them to see the Volturi.

"Kenzi, no, I'm not going to risk having you get hurt, or worse." He stopped walking and turned around to face me.

"I'm not a little kid, Sam, I don't need you to take care of me. I want to help fight!" Alice had explained that the Volturi, which is basically like the vampire police, was coming because they thought that Nessie was an immortal child and apparently that was illegal.

"I already said no. On the day of the fight, you are going to stay here with Emily, understood?"

"No! I won't sit around and do nothing while you and the rest of the guys are over there protecting Nessie. I want to be there, she's like my little sister and I don't want her to get hurt!" I looked him straight in the eye, his tall figure towering over my small body.

"Well you are my little sister and I can't have you get hurt or killed. You are my responsibility so you are going to do what I tell you to, okay?" He tried using his alpha voice on me but it wasn't working.

"You are not my dad so you can't tell me what to do." I immediately saw the hurt in his eyes before he hid it again.

"Kenzi-Grace Uley, you are not going to that fight, end of discussion. Now go to your room." He crossed his arms and stared down at me.

"You know, I wish that I would've died along with mom and dad so that I wouldn't be stuck here with you!" I pushed passed him and walked the way to my room.

"Oh, you think that I want to take care of you. My life ended the day you were born!" I clenched my jaw but didn't turn around to face him.

"Yeah? Well don't worry, you won't have to deal with me anymore. I hate you Sam Uley!" With that, I slammed my door shut and locked it. I could hear Emily trying to calm Sam down, telling him that I was just a teenager and didn't mean it. Eventually I could hear Sam's footsteps come towards my door and then banging after he realized that I had locked it.

"Kenzi-Grace Uley open the fucking door!" But by then, I was already climbing out of the window. I heard the door break open just as I was running away from my house, tears slowly falling down my face. If his life ended the day that I was born, then why did it matter if I lived or not. I'm going to that fight, and Sam can't stop me.