Chapter 15

My eyes fluttered open before squinting at the sudden brightness of the sunlight peaking in through the curtains. I looked around the room, noticing the broken furniture and the amount of feathers throughout the room. Turning to the side, I saw Alec right next to me and I could feel my heart skip a beat.

"Good morning, love." Alec said, as he caressed my cheek.

"Morning, have you been watching me sleep?" I asked, feeling my cheeks turn bright red at his affection.

"Yes, you're so beautiful when you sleep and even more so when you're awake and I can see those beautiful eyes of yours." A smile crept onto my face as I looked up at him.

"Don't I hurt you? Doesn't my skin burn you?"

"The warmth of your skin is the least hurtful thing that I have ever felt. Didn't I hurt you? You're so small, so precious, so fragile."

"You didn't. Last night was amazing, and I'm sorry for denying you for so long."

"I'm just glad that you finally accept this, accept us. I love you so much, Kenzi, no amount of time is enough to show you how much I love you."

"Well, we have all of eternity for that." I smiled as I held onto his hand. Sam was right, everything was going to get better.

"There's nothing more that I would like to do besides spend eternity with the love of my life."

"I couldn't have said it better myself."

"Come, love, get dressed, you must eat." Alec stroked my hair as I stared into his eyes which were the color of my hair.

"I don't want to. I just want to lay here all day with you."

"I want to stay here too but you must eat, please. It worries me, I don't want you to be like this."

"Fine, but can we go eat someplace warm. Everything in this castle is cold and the warmth reminds me of home."

"Anything that you want, my love, anything." Sam was right, Alec would do anything for me, and I will do anything for him. "I will be right back, let me go get dressed and I'll allow you to do the same." He kissed my forehead before getting up, getting dressed and leaving my room.

I reluctantly got up and walked to the closet. I changed into a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a grey oversized sweater. I pulled on some black converse and walked back into the room to see Alec standing there, waiting for me. He was wearing black skinny jeans, a white v-neck and grey vans.

"You actually look like a teenager for once." I told him as I walked over and took his hand in mine.

"Yeah, well I have to fit in somehow. Although, it is strange for me to be in these clothes."

"You look awesome, and I have to admit, I like you better this way." I gave him a smile and he instantly smiled back.

"I guess that I will have to dress like this more often. Now, get ready for the teasing because you can hear everything in this castle and I know for a fact that Demetri and Felix will not miss the chance to tease me about something."

"I grew up with guys, I know how to handle the teasing." I smirked a bit as I remembered all of the times that Jared, Paul, and Jake would tease me about anything and everything.

We walked out and as soon as we did, the first remark came from Felix.

"Are you all going out? If you are, I believe that everyone will know who you are, Alec. Considering how loud Kenzi was screaming your name last night." A smirk appeared on Felix's face as we walked past him.

"You're just jealous because it's been centuries since you've gotten laid."

"She has a point there. So how is my favorite couple? Or was last night just a fling?" Demitri asked, walking alongside us.

"Last night wasn't a fling." I clarified as Alec pulled me close to him.

"That's cute. But listen, Alec, hurt her and I will hurt you, understood?" I smiled at Demetri, he reminded me of Sam. I thought back to when Sam used to threaten any guys that came near me, they were so scared of him. I miss him so much.

"Are you okay, love? Why are you crying?" Alec's panicked voice brought me out of my thoughts as I touched my cheek, realizing that I was in fact crying.

"Oh, it's nothing. I was just thinking of my brother." I quickly wiped my tears before taking hold of Alec's hand. "Let's go, I'm hungry."

***

I took sips from my coffee as we walked around Volterra. Alec had decided to take me around the city after I had eaten. As we were walking, dark spots began to cloud my vision and I felt myself being pulled from reality.

*Flashback*

"Please, don't hurt me." I backed away from the man as he came closer to me.

"Oh, don't worry, sweetheart. This won't hurt a bit." Pain filled my body as he didn't bother to go easy. I felt so helpless, so exposed, so vulnerable. Why did this have to happen to me?