forty-three: the bombers

Harry couldn't breathe, his heart skipping a beat as he holds Easton close. Harry kept expecting to feel the pain, some sort of something that let him know that he was dying but when he opened his eyes after what was probably only a few seconds he saw that he was indeed still alive. Harry turns around, expecting to see a gun pointed at his face but instead he saw Liam holding whoever it was who tried to shoot him up against the wall. Harry sits there, completely dumbfounded at the fact he was still alive, he could've sworn he was a goner. 

"Harry, get out." Liam says through gritted teeth, it was easy to tell that Liam was struggling to keep the man against the wall. Harry doesn't have to be told twice, practically running towards the door only to stop when he hears another gunshot. Harry ducks for cover, hiding behind the couch as he tries to calm down Easton who was crying. He closes his eyes when he hears footstep, praying silently that Easton would be quiet and whoever it was walking towards them would just walk away. 

"I said to run, Harry. Not hide behind the f ucking couch." It's Liam's voice that sounds out, causing Harry to jump and maybe grip Easton a little tighter to his chest if that was even possible. He wasn't about to let anyone take him away from him, not again. 

"Jesus Christ, Liam. You scared the living shit out of me." Harry practically gasps out, earning an eye roll from Liam who holds out a hand for Harry to take. Harry doesn't take it, standing up on his own as he glares at Liam. Liam lets out a sigh, folding his arms over his chest as he decides that Harry's got some sort of attitude problem. It wasn't like Liam had just saved both of their lives, risking his own life in the process. 

"What? No thank you for saving your life or anything?" Liam asks as Harry starts to walk towards the front door.  

"F uck you, Liam. You still lied to me, you clearly knew that Easton was here. You sent Zayn on a wild f ucking goose chase." Harry grumbles, refusing to look at Liam once he reaches the door. Liam lets out a sigh, leaning against the wall as he waits patiently for Harry to open the door.  

"I didn't know Easton was here, she must've brought him here this morning or something." Liam says, missing the eye roll that Harry gives him as he reaches for the doorknob. 

"Why would she do that? She knew that Easton was the only thing keeping you on her leash." Harry says, turning the doorknob only to let out a yelp of surprise when Liam shoves him against the door. It was then that Harry heard the loud ticking sound.

"What the f uck is that, Liam?" Harry slowly asks, scared to even know the answer as Liam keeps Harry pressed firmly against the door. Easton is letting out quiet whimpers, pushing against Harry's chest. 

"Don't look now, but it seems like you might've... well, there's a rather large looking bomb. We've got less than a minute to get out of here." Liam says quietly as Harry bites his bottom lip.

"What do we do?" Harry asks, looking down at the squirming baby in his arms. He couldn't believe that he'd gotten so close, but now because of him, there was a chance that not only would Harry die... so would Easton. 

"We're going to have to run like hell, and when I say run... I mean run, Harry. Don't go hide behind the f ucking couch, alright?" Liam says, earning a nod from Harry who takes a deep breath. 

"On the count of three. One." Harry slowly opens the door, biting down hard on his bottom lip.

"Two." Harry holds Easton tight, his eyes locking on the car that's just a little ways down the road. 

"Three." Liam practically shoves Harry out the door, Harry taking off in a full out sprint with Liam hot on his heals. They didn't make it very far before the bomb went off, the force of the blast propelling Harry forward who stumbles on his feet. Harry's ears are ringing and his vision blurred as he looks around for Liam only to fall down to his knees when he sees him laying on the ground just a few feet away from Harry. Harry makes a move to check on him only to stop in his tracks when he sees that Liam isn't breathing. There was a metal rod sticking out of his side and what was clearly blood seeping onto the ground. Harry couldn't move, panic setting in as he tries to remember to breathe.

"Help! Louis?!" Harry shouts out, his voice hoarse as he looks around for Louis. Harry continues to look around in a panic, holding Easton close as he watches debris from the house continues to fall down to the ground. 

"Harry, Harry?! Are you alright?" Louis' voice finally comes through and Harry stares at him again. Harry can't speak all of the sudden, his eyes wide as he tries to but nothing was coming out. All Harry could hear now was the sound of his own heartbeat, pumping in his ears as he turns his gaze back over to Liam's lifeless body.

And that was when Harry passed out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

well.

harry's not dead.

not that i was going to kill him in the first place, why on earth would i kill my favorite character who isn't the twins? 

also sorry if this chapter seems rushed. i had a hard time writing it out, not because i feel bad for killing liam but because it just wasn't coming out the way i wanted it to. this is the best i could do tonight tbh. 

dedication goes to _King_Louis_

qotc: so... liam's dead, how do you guys feel about that?

comment

and

vote

connie xx