thirty-eight: a deal with the devil

It was worse with the kids gone, the house was too quiet and Zayn was slowly starting to lose his mind. He hadn't left his office, sitting in the chair with his head in his hands as he bites down on his bottom lip so hard that it's literally drawing blood. He was alone in his own thoughts, alone to face his own grief as he tries to figure out how in the hell he was supposed to find Louis when he had no clue as to where to start. He'd tried calling Harry, in hopes that maybe he had some sort of idea but Harry must have his phone off because it went straight to voice mail. 

Zayn felt absolutely useless, like there wasn't a single thing he could do to find Louis. He wasn't sure what to tell the kids if they didn't find him soon, surely they would notice the absence of their mother eventually. Nathan had already asked about him this morning, asking if he could say goodbye but Johannah had been the one to come up with the lie for now. 

"You know, sitting in the dark doesn't help you think. I tried that once and it didn't work out all that well for me." Liam's voice rings out in the room, making Zayn look up and glare at him. 

"What are you doing here?" Zayn's voice comes out in a croak, but the anger was still clear in it. He shakily climbs out of his seat, slowly making his way over to Liam who stands in the doorway of his office. 

"I came here to help you, believe it or not." Liam says, earning a scoff from Zayn as he shakes his head.

"I don't believe that, not even for a second." 

"See, I knew you'd say that... but thing is, I know where Louis is and I'm more than willing to help you find him if you help me with something first." Liam says, watching Zayn wearily as he stands in front of him. It was then that Zayn noticed how tired Liam looked, bags underneath his eyes and his lips chapped. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days, something troubling him and Zayn couldn't help but wonder if he looked the same way. In all the time Zayn had known Liam, he'd never seen him like this. 

"Give me one good reason why I should believe a single word you say?" 

"Because I need your help and I'm here actually asking you for it. I know where Louis is because... Because I'm the one who took him in the first place, and before you-" Liam starts just to be interrupted by Zayn punching him square in the jaw. Liam lets out a laugh at that, his hand going up to cover the spot. 

"Alright, I deserved that but if you'd just he-" Liam starts again, only to have Zayn hit him yet again. Liam lets out a grown at that one though, glaring at his step-brother.

"Will you just let me explain before you go all Mike Tyson on me?" Liam finally gets out, flinching when Zayn gets ready to punch him again only to have Zayn grab him by his shirt and shove him against the wall.

"Then you better start f ucking talking before I kick your ass." Zayn seethes, his jaw clenched as he glares at Liam. Liam places his hands on Zayn's chest, almost as if he was going to push him away but instead he just clears his throat.

"She's got Easton too, but I don't know where. I need your help finding Easton so that I can help you get Louis back... The only way I will help you get Louis out of there is if you help me find my son." Liam says, keeping his voice steady but it was a little easier said than done as Zayn keeps him pinned against the wall. 

"And you expect me to believe that you actually give a rats ass about your son? For all I know, you're just saying all of this because that's what you do, Liam. You lie. You lie all the f ucking time because you don't know how to do anything else. So telling me that she whoever the hell she is, has your son doesn't mean shit to me because how am I supposed to believe that you're not the one who took him in the first place? So how about you stop with the lies, Liam and tell me where my husband is or I'll probably end up killing you." Zayn's voice is filled with nothing but venom, each word making Liam flinch as Zayn continues to hold him securely against the wall. Liam takes a deep breath, closing his eyes as he finally pushes against Zayn to get him away. 

"If I take you to where Louis is, if I help you get him back... She's going to leave with my son and I'll never see him again. I need to find him before that happens, Zayn. You have to help me find him." Liam says, his voice coming out desperate because that was exactly how he felt. Zayn stares at him, completely astonished that Liam was showing any type of emotion to begin with. Zayn takes a step back when he notices that actual tears were starting to fall out of Liam's eyes, another emotion that Zayn had been more than convinced Liam was never capable of. He watches Liam as he cries for a moment or two, still unsure of what the hell was going on before Liam sniffles a little and wipes at his eyes.

"I know... I know you have no reason to trust me... but I can't... I can't let my son pay for my mistakes, Zayn. I have to get him back, if not for myself at least for Niall. I owe him that much at least... I need your help. I promise I'll tell you everything... just please help me." Liam whispers and Zayn finally seems to come back down to earth. He clears his throat, running his hand through his hair as he looks at Liam.

"Fine. You can start with telling me who the hell has Easton and what the hell they want with Louis." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

holla for updates.

this is my second one today... not on this story, but like lately I've been lucky to get one story updated a week so this is some sort of miracle tbh.

dedication goes to burritos_and_dick

QOTC: so what do you guys think Zayn's mum wants with Louis? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx